Chap 23 (Fireworks)

In front of Superboy, trapped inside a capsule pod were the four defeated teen heroes.

Time is running short.... You must Awaken..... You must awaken, NOW!

From the shout, the teen heroes gasps in fright. Waking up from the unconscious state. They all look around sees that they were righted up and trapped inside a pod capsule.

Kid Flash sees Superboy staring at them silently, creeping him out. "What? What do you!?" He shouts. "Quit staring! You're creeping me out!"

Robin next to the irritated speedster whispers. "Uh, KF, I don't think it's a good idea to tick off the guy who defeated us and put us in this pod."

X-mite nods in agreement. "Yeah." He whispers.

Aqualad reasons with the Cloned Superhero. "We only sought to free you."

Kid Flash snaps. "Yeah! And you turn on us! How's that for gratitude!"

Aqualad tries to silence the speedster of saying something unnecessary. "Kid, please be quiet now. I believe that our friend was not in full control of his actions."

While Aqualad talks Robin and X-mite unlocks a secret devices from their gloves to pick the locks of their cuffs.

Superboy answers weakly. "What if I....." He stops and hesitates but then continues firmly. "What if I wasn't." He challenges.

Kid Flash surprised and exclaims. "He can talk?!?"

X-mite wanted to face palm.

Superboy grips his fist and growls. "Yes HE can talk." He glares at the rude speedster.

All the other three trapped heroes glares at the insensitive teen speedster.

X-mite comments. "That just wrong man." He shakes his head in disappointment.

Kid Flash makes excuses. "It's not like I said It."

Aqualad continues. "The genomorph, they taught you telepathically." He states the facts.

Superboy answers. "They taught me much. I can read, write, I know the names of things."

But Robin sympathetically comments. "Yeah, but have you seen these things yourself? Have they ever let you see the sky? The sun?"

Superboy answers truthfully. "Images are implanted in my mind." He glances down, feeling uncomfortable. "No I have not seen them."

Aqualad asks. "Do you know what you are, who you are?" Sympathize the sheltered clone.

"I am the Superboy, a Genomorph, a clone made from the DNA of the Superman. Created to replace him should he perish; to destroy him should he turn from the Light." Superboy stated with complete confidence.

"To be like Superman is... a worthy aspiration, but like Superman you deserve a life of your own, beyond that solar suit, beyond your pod, beyond Cadmus." Aqualad said and X-mite eyed Robin's progress with a frown.

"I live because of Cadmus! It is my home!" Superboy shouted back.

"Then I pity your existence. I've seen your home, I've listened to you, and yet concepts such as comradery are things you don't understand because they're foreign to you. " X-mite cuts off the conversation. "A home is where you're welcomed and cherished by others. Can you honestly tell me that you've experienced those things here?" X-mite cries, feeling sorry the clone who has not experienced the feeling of loving someone and being loved by someone. He tried to keep his tone as emotionless as but fails, memories of his dimension, the Teen Titans, and the time he spent together with Red-X flashes through his mind. "We can show you so much more than Cadmus ever could."