Chapter 20 (Today Is the Day Part 1)

GOTHAM HARBOR: 16:40 EST

Here he was, Red-X and X-mite, driving through the roads of Gotham Harbor heading toward Happy Harbor. Why, do you ask? Simple, they were invited by the Justice League to be one of the Leagues "officially." Well, that's what they were told. Of course Red-X have no intention of officially joining the League. Maybe as a unofficial member, like if the League need of his help, then he would lend a hand. So if Red-X has no intention of becoming an R official League member, why is he still going? It's because of X-mite.

STAR CITY: A WEEK AGO

The city sky has turned into a dark night. No stars could be seen but a single crescent moon shining, lighting the dark sky. Only the busy lights of the city lights were the only source of light. In the busy city night, three figures were sitting on the roof of a building at the dead of night.

"So, are you going to tell us why you called us?" The tallest one glares the medium height figure.

The middle figure squirms uncomfortably.

"Don't mind Red-X, he is just not in a good mood. He doesn't want to stay in this city too long. You know.... Because of what happened with your mentor....." The shortest explaining the reason behind the tallest's attitude.

The middle hung his head and sighs in shame. "I'm sorry about asking you to come." He glances up toward Red-X. "I'm really sorry about how Ollie treated you, Red-X."

Red-X lays a hand on the apologizing figure. "It's fine, Speedy. It's not your fault. It is mine. I understand, why your mentor reacted toward me. So do not apologize."

Speedy nods his head and gives a small smile feeling bit assured.

"So back to the question, why did you call us?" The smallest asks.

Speedy scratches his head. "Well you see, X-mite. You guys know how the Leagues has partners like Green Arrow has me and Batman has Robin, right."

Red-X starts to see where this was going. He had a similar conversation before, earlier that evening, with Batman.

Speedy continues his tones changes, sound all excited. "Well, the League decided that all the partners of the League members get to join the Justice League, officially! Our day has come to be officially be recognized as Heroes instead of being their side-kids!"

X-mite jumps on his feet. "Really?!? That's Awesome!"

Red-X chuckles, finding it funny that he was right.

"What's so funny?" Speedy pouts, feeling that he is being laughed at.

Red-X shook his head. "Sorry, it's just that earlier today something similar had happened."

Speedy raises a brow.

Red-X continues. "You see Batman asks me if I wanted to join the League, but I declined."

Speedy jumps. "What?!? Why?!?"

Red-X winces, with pained heart, he answers. "I can't work in a team.... I'm just not ready yet.... Maybe in the future but not right now." How could he join another team when his beloved team, Teen Titans, is still fresh in his memory.