Chapter 19 (Moving Base)

Domo DUDES & DUDETTES!! It's OC-TU-BREH!!! I know what that means!! FREE CAN-DEYS!! Candy Candy Doo Doo Candy Candy Dum Dum Candy Candy!! Hope you all have fun with your Hallows Eve and enjoy this special Treat!!!

Hallelujah! I'm graduating college!!!!! Woooooohooooooo! This coming second semester all that is left is Internship and then graduate college with a degree! I'm really sorry for not updating at all I hope you all understand that I needed to focus on my studies so I can graduate college........... I'M GONNA BE A COLLEGE GRADUTE!!!!!

PS: My next update will may be after my internship..... Wish me luck!

....: HAPPY HALLOWEEN:...

METROPOLIS :
METROPOLIS PARK 9:47 EST

Walking along the path a pair of brothers were talking to each other. The older brother was somewhere around 16-19. He had a blond hair, gelled back with a sunglass holding it in place. His eyes were deep bright sky blue. He wore a simple black leather jacket over his white t-shirt and blue jeans. He held hands with the younger brother.

The younger brother looks identical to the older brother, if it weren't for the age gap they could have been mistaken for twins. The boy looks as if he was around 3 or 4. Like his older brother he had blond hair but wore a baseball cap and blue eyes, but a shade lighter and had a hint of green like a lagoon. He wore a green parker over his red t-shirt and light blue jeans. He happily chatted to the older counterpart. "Hey Dick...."

The older blond looks down to his younger counterpart. "Yes, Kcid?"

Kcid answers. "I...." He hesitates to how he should say it.

They both stops and Dick crouches down to Kcid's level. He patiently waits to what the younger boy wants to say. "Go on Kcid."

Kcid continued. "I don't want to continue staying at a motel, can we live in home?" He puppy-eyed the older teen. "Please?"

A home? That sounds nice..... We can't continue to live in some hotels and motels. Also we can't keep moving from city to city....

Dick smiles and nods. "Alright, let's go look for home."

JUMP CITY: 19:34 EST

Red X with X-mite pulled his motorcycle up to his abandoned factory based in Jump City. They finally been able to make the trip, though there hadn't really been anything that had been stopping Dick except for Larry. He spent most of the week taking it easing to let his arm heal, under Larry's care.

If he did do some hero work, he did it during the day and it never got any more dangerous than a fight with a couple of gangs, something he could do with both hands tied behind his back. There is also the fact that Larry is keeping him from pushing further and with Larry's assistance most tasks was quickly finished by him. Dick hadn't gone out at night since the Auction fiasco and that was mainly because he was trying to avoid Batman.

Dick always felt so conflicted whenever his thoughts turned to the parallel version of his mentor. Plus, if there was anyone he couldn't hide something from it was Batman... and Slade. Fortunately, Red X couldn't find any trace of Slade on either the League's computer or the Bat computer. It seemed like Slade doesn't exist here, but Red X didn't believe it. Ravager had been more than enough proof for the young hero.

Slade hadn't been the only person Red X had looked up though, he'd check out his former team as well. Beast Boy was not Beast Boy. He was actually Garfield Logan, an eight year old boy who lived with his Mother in Qurac. The accident that had killed his parents and turned him into Beast Boy had never happened. He lived a somewhat normal life on an animal reserve with his Mom, whom had been a TV star in her youth, and Red X made a habit of checking in on them to make sure they were okay.

Cyborg lived with his parents in Star City, and like Beast Boy, he wasn't Cyborg in this world. He was a fourteen year old named Victor Stone. His parents were scientists working at Star labs and he led a very normal life. Red X knew from Cyborg's history that there was a chance he could still end up as Cyborg. Victor hadn't become Cyborg until he was sixteen because of an accident that had killed his Mother and left his body in pieces.

Finally there was Starfire and Raven, both aliens with no record of them ever coming to Earth. He wondered where the two females of his team were now. Was Starfire on Tameran, being taught how to rule over her people? Would she be coming to Earth at all in this dimension? His thoughts turned to the last member of his team, the only one who looked like who knew this would happen.

The way Raven looked into his eyes, you could the pain and mourning. The promise they made were nothing but wanting to cling on to something to hope. It broke his heart that Raven knew that he wouldn't come back but still made a promise for him to come back. Even if it is impossible to go back, if there at least even 1% chance for him to go back, he would take it and get back no matter what it takes. After he is still alive so there will be a chance, he just have to wait.

Red X paused outside of the warehouse he bought, noticing that something was off.

X-mite just followed silently. "Is something wrong, Red X?" Noticing the older counterparts pause.

Red X took a step forward. "It's nothing, buddy." It's not with the base itself that felt wrong, it looked completely abandoned. But with the sudden déjà vu he got when looking at the building. He couldn't exactly remember where he had seen the place, nor what had been inside it. He shrugged his shoulders; he'd probably had a fight in here when he'd been a Titan.

As he cautiously made his way past the door, unease suddenly burst into his mind. He looked into the dark, but could only make out vague shapes. X-mite flicked on the switch next to the door and as the lights slowly flickered over the room. Red X felt his stomach drop in disbelief.

The giant clockwork gears were hauntingly familiar, even if they weren't moving at the moment. The rickety overhead pathways were unmistakable after how many times he'd walked on them, hoping he could spy on his nemesis below unnoticed as he tried to figure out how to save his team.

The open space a little from the center of the warehouse sized room was unforgettable, not with how many times he'd been thrown into that floor during his so called training. The elevated platform just a little above the open area was empty though, it was missing the familiar throne that He had used to sit in while staring down at him.

His Jump City base was actually Slade's Old Haunt.