10.

Harry's pov:
I decided to just continue to class which happened to be potions. I had a feeling that with Y/n around I might like the class. Y/n danced around with Blaise, they looked majestic, she looked majestic as they danced through the windows, the way the sun seemed to adore her always ending up on her specifically, I could only stare at her. She smiled and the flames seemed to grow brighter. Whether her magic was spiraling or it was just me either way it was a gorgeous scene. 

We arrived at potions and Y/n found our designated spot at the back of the class. Y/n sat down and instantly took out food. I looked at Snape fearfully however he said nothing as Y/n got out her book. Bloody hell, Snape has a soft spot for Y/n. 
" Okay so how much do you understand?" 
" I understand the basics I just have a hard time with cutting, differentiation, and making it." She smiled as she decided on the potion we'd be making. She wrote it down and gave me the list of ingredients not telling me the potion. 
" Go get these, we start there." She said simply. I got up and left to the back. I struggled with everything and after 10 minutes I felt her hand guide mine to a certain plant. 
" Thanks." I managed. 
" No problem, now can you tell me what this is?" 
" It's gillyweed." I guessed. 
" Correct, but don't guess, start with the ones you know and then figure out the rest." I nodded and grabbed the ones I knew. She checked over them complimenting me for every correct one. I like when she compliments me, she seemed so proud of me just for getting them right. I tried hard to get the ones I don't know but whenever I messed up she explained the difference, it worked and stuck because she used terms used for Quidditch and  muggle terms. 

We returned with all the ingredients. 
" So what do I need to do now?" She smiled as she explained the process to me using wizarding terms first then muggle terms. It actually made sense and I was thankful for Snape assigning her. Hermione would have only used the book but Y/n was patient and was fine with me asking questions along with explaining things in a different way. I noticed people began to come in and that caused me to freeze up. 
" Are we done? No offense but your sister would freak if she saw us talking." I shared. 
" Snape s- I mean I guess." She muttered I felt like a git for interrupting her whole lesson just so we wouldn't be seen talking.   She got her things together and left me sitting there. She sat by Draco who she talked too for all of 10 minutes with him asking questions before glaring daggers at me. I was in the wrong and I knew that. Snape walked over. 
" Pottah, why is it that Ms.Granger has felt the need to sit elsewhere despite my instructions?" 
" Well sir, it's my fault I-" 
" I know it's your fault, I was asking what you did." Well thanks now I feel like a major git.
" I asked if we were finished because Hermione and Ron would lose it if they saw us talking because you know what happened last night." 
" Mr.Pottah, I don't think I've made myself clear, so let me, Ms. Granger is the only way your passing this class, as I have a complete seating chart already made, and 10 points from Gryffindor. It would be in your best interest for you to apologies to her." I nodded and stood up. I approached her. 
" What do you want Pottah." Draco spat. 
" To apologies, I shouldn't have done you like that, there's honestly nothing wrong with having you as a teacher, and you really were helping me, I understand if you no longer want to." I apologized to Y/n. 
" It's fine, I know Hermione can be demanding a lot of the time, so if you want me to continue to tutor you I will but just know Hermione will be mad." She said. She was really far too kind to me. 
" I would like that a lot." I said and she turned to Draco who was glaring at me. She took something out of her bag and swished her wand Draco's hair became ungelled. Y/n played with his hair and he gave her a small smile which was unlike Draco Malfoy. 
" Are you really going to grow your hair out like your father's?" She questioned. 
" Yes, why is that so hard to believe." 
" I can't see it, I'm sorry." She giggled as she stood up. 

We sat back down and continued by the time Hermione and Ron had got here we'd finished the potion. Snape walked over. 
" I see you forgave Pottah." 
" I know my sister can be demanding both verbally and physically, so I forgave him." She said and that made me think about the mark around her neck, it was one of strangling, who'd given it to her, had it truly been Hermione and Ginny who attacked her. 
" This is made to perfection, 10 points to Gryffindor and Slytherin." He said before walking off. Hermione and Ron stormed over. 
" Why are you with her!" Ron said angrily he was hellbent that Y/n had hurt Ginny on purpose. 
" She's my potions tutor." I informed them. 
" I could tutor you so much better." Hermione spat. 
" She's honestly pretty good at it, Hermione, not to mention Snape wasn't completely terrible to me this time." I shared and they laughed. 
" What are you on mate, Snape's awful, and she's not half as smart as Hermione." Y/n was quite mumbling something. 
" What was that?" Hermione snapped at her sister awfully rude and brash, Hermione has never acted like this before. 
" I just said that our muggle grades say otherwise." Y/n whispered and Hermione rolled her eyes. 
" You're just a cheater don't think so highly of yourself." 
" Hermione, Ron, we have assigned seats, it might be best if you find yours, we'll talk later." They both looked shocked that I told them kindly to leave us alone. 
" Ugh, you'd honestly rather be seated by an idiot then by your friends." The words were meant to cut deep and as Y/n looked away Hermione smirked before rolling her eyes at me. " Fine, let's go Ron." Hermione was acting like a terrible person. I looked at Y/n who silently did her work. I'm sure that Y/n's magic is in fact spiraling and that Hermione and Ginny triggered it, but why would they do that. 

A/n: I'm really struggling with Y/n's career path, should she become a creature care taker, or a politician? Someone help me! Anyway how do we like the story so far, and what do you think this chapter is missing?Have a lovely Day/Night.