27.

Your pov:
Resting was rejuvenating and all but I was itching for food and my mates. I hadn't realized it but I had gotten up and began to walk towards the kitchen. Inside of the kitchen was everyone which confused me as to what they were talking about but I paid it no mind as I raided the kitchen without difficulty. I took the copious amounts of chocolate, juice, and fruits back to my room.

Dad soon came to check on me making me a pout a little.
" Serpentine did you just come from the kitchen?" He asked confused.
" Yeah I got really hungry, I also wanted to see Blaise, Dray, and Harry so it worked out perfectly, what were you all talking about." Tom sighed and took a knee.
" You have Wendigo fever honey you can't be out of the bed much, and sadly we'll have to limit soulmate time, I know that sounds horrible and you don't want to but it's not safe for them to be around you right now." I was confused and angry.
" But can I write to them at least?"
" Of course you can sweetheart, I know this isn't ideal, however you also won't be able to go outside much." I was confused.
" What is Wendigo fever, and so you're saying I can't do anything but be in this room all day with next to no interaction, throw me in a straight jacket why don't you!" I snapped which wasn't like me.

Dad seemed to understand that I hadn't meant to.
" Wendigo fever is a magical disease contracted when people inhale the blood of a dying Wendigo, your test results came up positive. You'll be extra clingy, irritable, hungry, and sad. Not to mention that when you'll want to be around your mates a lot, but you're body would naturally infect them, so it's dangerous. The reason Wendigo fever is dangerous is because once the infection gets comfortable it'll begin to coax you into eating your soulmates which as you might know makes a Wendigo. Narcissa said that due to the high level of infection we'll have to monitor things and see how it reacts to begin treatment, before you ask, I'm immune to it, I already went through it when I was younger. I'm going to go and get you some stuff to do, please stay here." I was worried. I mean what if I hurt Dray, Blaise, and Harry? I couldn't forgive myself.

I heard the door creak open to reveal Harry he looked around as he knew he wasn't supposed to be in here. I wrote on a letter and moved it to him. He read it and looked down sad.
" This is all my fault, if you hadn't of felt me being sad, or if I'd have reacted quicker then you wouldn't be in this predicament." I felt the urge to hurt Harry but I forced myself to stand and move away.
" Don't blame yourself Harry we weren't aware this could have happened and it's not your fault we got attacked." Harry's eyes glowed softly and I still wanted to hurt him but I wanted to kiss and hold him first it was so confusing.

Nobody's pov:
Tom was taken notes up to you and he turned sharply when he didn't hear Harry. Narcissa, Lucius, and Severus all quickly came to the same conclusion and they all raced up the stairs only to see the door was open, wide open with Harry looking at Y/n.

" Harry you need to leave." You tried but Harry moved closer and you fought yourself to not do the same. " Harry I could hurt you, you need to go." You said.
" It's all my fault Y/n, what type of soulmate am I if I can't even protect you, it's always you protecting me I want to be a good mate, and help you too." The adults suck in fearful breathes as you lay hands on Harry rubbing his face as you hug and they notice your eyes flickering and glowing. Narcissa desperately tried to break the door ward but it was no use for it was reinforced.
" Harry you're an amazing mate but you need to leave, I don't want to hurt you, when I'm in better help we can talk and you can show me what you've learned. Can you, Dray, and Blaise watch after my babies for me?" Harry nodded dutifully.
" I don't want to leave you're so warm." Harry said and the adults tried harder breaking in finally only for the adults to hear a painful snap.

You could help but scream and the adults cursed their luck as everyone rushed up. You felt your bones begins to twist and pop until you felt a new weight on your back. You looked at Harry and moved away quickly burrowing up in a dark corner your eyes glowing the only indicator of where you were at. Tom slowly moved Harry away, pulling him back towards the door.
" Y/n are you alright?" Draco asked not passing the door due to being held back.
" Mhm, I'm fine, just go away." You said and Draco left a stack of books by the door which Tom slid in as Harry crossed the threshold.
" We hope you get better, we'll take care of them, I'm sorry for cau-"
" Stop apologizing, damn!" You snapped but they all heard the hands slap over your mouth at what you said. Harry's voice was soft and loving.
" It's okay, I'll stop, just focus on getting better okay, we'll show you we can hold down the fort while you get better. I know you didn't mean it like that, love." Hermione slowly moved towards the front.
" We have a lot to talk about so get better soon, I'll look out for their stupidity while you're here." Hermione said to her sister and you nodded.
" Thank you."

Tom stayed behind setting the ward and charms on the door he watched his daughter come out. She had wings. He took off his jacket and shirt before letting his out. You looked up at him.
" Painful things, and mine don't move at all they're basically decritve." You moved yours.
" What happens if I transform into a mate eating monster?"
" You won't, your mother was actually the reason why I went through it, soulmate immunity and all. She was terrified of hurting me and ended up trying and failing to kill me."  Tom laughed softly at the fond memory because after he'd got to hold her and they'd ate food while reading for hours.
" It was so hard for me to fight it, I wanted to hurt him." You said softly.
" Natural, and you didn't what you just did was show extreme amounts of self control, be proud I know I am." Tom said and you hugged him thankful for him.

A/n: Do you want to see the Wendigo fever play out or just skip it?