Gabriel #5

(Suggested by @gabesbutt)

Imagine: You tell Gabe you're pregnant and he reacts badly.

You stared down at the test in your shaking hands.

No. No this can't be right.

You shook the test, hoping that the answer would change. It didn't.

How were you going to tell Gabriel? He'd flip! No. You had to keep this quiet. At least for now. You'd wait until he was in a good mood. Yes. This will work. You'd make it work.

A few hours later, a flutter of wings took your attention away from the newspaper you were reading.

"(Y/N)?" Gabriel's voice rang out, a sound you'd never get sick of hearing. "Kitchen!" You called back, and heard his gentle footsteps behind you. A pair of arms wrapped around your waist and Gabriel rested his head on your shoulder.

"Hey gorgeous" He smiled and kissed your cheek, "What'cha been up to?"

Your mind jerked back to the pregnancy test.

"Oh, nothing!" You replied a bit too quickly, Gabriel's grip loosened and he turned you to face him.

"(Y/N)? What's wrong?" He asked softly, you turned your head to avoid his stare.

"Hey?" He soothed, placing his hands on your cheeks and turning your head to face him, but you couldn't bare to look at him. "Baby, look at me."

You slowly looked up into his golden eyes, soft with concern.

"(Y/N), did I do something wrong?"

Your hands grasped his arms, "No! No!" You reassured him, "A lot of things have just been getting to me lately."

He smiled knowingly, "I know baby, I've been through the same thing." He planted a gentle kiss on your forehead, "I'll be right back, okay?"

You nodded and sat back down.

A few moments later, Gabriel walked back into the room staring at his hands.

"Gabe?" You asked, standing up. He looked up at you with cold eyes.

"What the hell is this?" He choked, holding out the small pregnancy test. Your body stiffened and you stuttered to think of an explanation.

"You know what?" He scoffed, "Forget it. I don't want your petty excuses."

"Gabe..." You started to try and explain yourself.

"What. Huh? You gonna tell me it was an accident?" He spat, his hard stare painful to look at. "How long were you gonna wait before you told me?"

"Gabriel..."

"HOW DAMN LONG, (Y/N)." He growled at you, making you physically jump. A tear dripped down your cheek.

"I only found out this morning."

"That is not what I asked." He hissed, like he could spit venom straight at you.

"I was going to catch you in a good mood."

He laughed. Not a laugh of humour, but a laugh of disbelief. You knew this would happen.

"A good mood. A good, damn mood." He stared straight into your eyes. "I've messed up a good few times, but this just tops it all off."

"GABRIEL." You screamed, shocked at what you were hearing, "HOW DARE YOU! I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING!" Your voice broke as you let out a small cry. "I gave you everything. I put my all in you, Gabriel. I trusted you with everything I had. And honestly? For some reason, I thought you actually loved me. How wrong was I."

"I never said I didn't." He sighed. "But this? I- I can't do this. I'm an angel. A freaking Archangel. I can't have a kid."

Another tear fell down your cheek, "If you did love me, Gabriel... If you did, you'd do this with me. You wouldn't leave me to do this alone. I- I can't. I can't do it alone, Gabriel."

He stared at you with tears in his eyes. "Then I wish you luck." He said with a broken voice.

You cried out, "No! No please Gabriel, not after everything. Please not after all this. Not after everything we've been through. Everything we did!" You begged through your tears.

"I'm sorry."

And you were left alone. The only noise being your broken sobs. Your pain radiating through every gasp for breath, and your knees giving way beneath you. Your body slumping to the floor as you wrapped your arms around your knees, crying into the silence.

"Gabriel?" You cried out, but you knew you wouldn't get an answer. Not this time.

~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

So sorry for being awful with posting!

I hope you like this one, I really enjoyed writing it, and to be honest, I'm actually quite proud of it for some reason!

Thank you all for sticking with me!

Also, 191K reads!!! That is ridiculous! I'm so happy, thank you so so much! It gives me such a sense of achievement to know that people actually read my work, and possibly even enjoy it, so I can't thank you enough!

I love you all so very much!

~ Moose