Dean #11

Imagine: You let a shapeshifter get away when you were hunting with Dean.

You held your gun at her, loaded with silver bullets. She stared at you with fear in her eyes.

"Run. Run and don't look back." You whispered loud enough for her to hear. She gasped in relief as you shot the wall behind her. "Hurry. Before I change my mind." You growled and she ran. Her small, thin legs carrying her faster than they should and she was gone.

"Did you get her!?" Dean shouted from around the corner. "Dammit!" You yelled and kicked a trash can over.

Dean ran out into view. "What happened?" He asked as he approached you.

"I missed. I bloody missed her." You snapped.

"What? She was a kid! How could you miss her!?"

"Shifters don't exactly have the slowest reflexes, Dean!"

Dean sighed at the distress that you were in. "You know what, it doesn't matter. I understand." He began to walk away.

"You understand what?"

He turned back around, "I understand why you let her go."

"What?"

"Oh stop, (Y/N). I know you're too good for a shifter like her to be able to get away. And I get it. She was just a kid, she didn't do anything wrong, she hasn't hurt anyone. Just raised in the wrong pack I suppose. I just don't understand why you lied to me, (Y/N)."

"I thought you'd think I was pathetic..."

Dean scoffed and moved closer to you, placing a hand on your cheek. "True courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one." He smiled.

"Dean, did you just quote Gandalf?" You laughed. "Maybe. I just want you to know that no matter what you do, I'm always proud of you. I'm proud that you do what you do, and that you put your all into this job. And I'm proud that you sticked with me and Sam, through thick and thin."

"That's because I love you both. You in a slightly different way..."

He leant down and kissed you gently. "Yeah, I love you too."