Sam #3

Sam held your hand as you lay on the hospital bed, your stomach in hundreds of stitches from the Hellhound attack. You turned yourself so you faced Sam, but it was agonising to move and you let out a whimper.

"Shh baby, it's okay, I'm here." Sam smiled reassuringly as he stroked your cheek. "I'm starving." You grumbled, "Who do I have to kill to get some french fries around here?" Sam laughed and squeezed your hand. "When I get you out of here-" Sam began. "If. You get me out of here." You interrupted, but Sam corrected you. "When. I get you out of here. We're going to McDonald's." You laughed at him.

You knew you wouldn't last the night.

"Look, Sam..." You began, and held his hands tightly. "I'm dying. I know. But I want my last hours to be spent with you. I love you more than anything Samwich."

Sam's eyes filled with tears. "(Y/N)... Why do you have to go?" You looked at him sympathetically, wiping a tear from his eyes. "It's okay baby, I know. I don't want to go either." Sam swallowed. "Why did you jump in front of that Hellhound (Y/N)? Were you trying to kill yourself?"

You shook your head. "I couldn't stand there and let it kill him, Sammy. He's your brother." Sam looked at you in awe. "How does someone get so selfless? I can't bear to leave you baby." Sam cried again. "I love you more than anyone else in the world (Y/N)."

You felt your eyes getting heavy. "Oh god." You whimpered "Sammy!" Your eyes began to close. "I'm scared Sam!" Sam's tears fell on your arm. "It's okay baby I've got you! It's okay. I love you so much... It's all okay..." Sam sobbed. "You can let go..."

"I love you..." Your voice trailed off as you took your final breath. You felt Sam kiss your forehead "I love you (Y/N). My brave soldier."

And all the pain went away. It was over. All over. Sam was gone. You were gone. It was all gone.