Sam #9

(Requested by @Amerald )

Imagine: Sam loves you but never tells you, and you end up in an accident.

You'd lived in the bunker with Sam and Dean for almost a year now, and you loved them both like brothers. But you had no idea of the extent of their love for you.

"Good morning Sam!" You smiled as you entered the kitchen where Sam was eating. His face lit up and he smiled back. "Hey (Y/N), sleep well?"

"Like a log. Want some coffee?" You asked over your shoulder as you walked to the coffee machine.

"Sure, I'd love some!" He smiled and continued eating. You poured out the drinks and handed one to Sam. "There you go, Sammy!" he blushed at the nickname, "I'm going to find a case." You waved over your shoulder and left.

Sam's POV:

"I love you..." I mumbled, too quiet for her to possibly hear. I really love her.

Dean wandered in, dragging his feet on the floor. "Morning Sammy." He ruffled my hair. "Passed your sweetheart on the way in." He smirked.

" She's not my sweetheart, Dean. She doesn't know."

"You need to tell her, you know. Or one day you'll regret it."

"Yeah. I know Dean. I just can't."

"Take her to Ellen's diner! Tell her there!"

I thought for a while, but it was a good idea. "Okay. Okay. I'm gonna do it? Y-yeah, I am gonna do it!" I ran out, leaving Dean baffled and confused.

A few hours later...

Sam's POV:

(Y/N) had stayed at the bunker while I ran out to get 'supplies'. But we all know that's a lie. I reserved a table at Ellen's diner.

Now would be a good time to call (Y/N).

*phone call*

"Hey Sam! What's up?"

"H-heyy..." I gulped nervously, "H-hey. Uh, do you wanna, um, come to the diner? I um, I have something important to tell you."

"Oh! Okay sure! I'll be there in a few okay?"

"Okay! See you soon!"

*end of call*

Your POV:

What could Sam want? Well whatever it was it must be important! I threw on a coat, rushed to my car and drove to the diner.

It was foggy along the road, and I could barely see a foot in front of me. My headlights were on full beam, but it didn't seem to make a difference. I was driving so slowly to be careful, I didn't want to have an accid-

CRASH

Sam's POV:

(Y/N) was taking so long. I had been waiting for almost half an hour since the call, and the diner wasn't too far from the bunker. I was debating whether to go or not, but the sirens as the ambulance drove past decided that for me. I lept up and sprinted out of the diner, shouting my apologies to Ellen.

I drove as fast as the speed limit back to the bunker. "DEAN!" I yelled. "DEAN! WHERE'S (Y/N)!?"

He must have heard the terror in my voice because he rushed into the library. "Oh god Sammy! I was about to call you! I got a call from the hospital-" Dean just managed to say, but I was already out of the door and in the car. Dean was in seconds after me and I drove faster than the speed limit this time.

I ran to the reception so quickly that the receptionist stood up in shock.

"Where's (Y/F/N)!?" I gasped and looked around.

"One moment." She nodded and checked the computer. "I'm sorry Sir, she's not awake. I'm going to have to ask you to sit in the waiting room.

A few hours later...

"Mr (Y/L/N)?" The receptionist wrongly called me, but the name made me smile. I stood up eagerly.

"She's awake." The lady smiled and showed me where the room was.

I opened the door slowly and stepped in, not wanting to shock her. "(Y/N)..." I smiled, grateful that she was alive. She stared at me blankly. "(Y/N)?" I sat beside her and grabbed her hand. She flinched and pulled away. "I'm sorry... Do I know you?" She asked, pitifully. I leant back in agony. I had never felt so crushed and empty inside. The door opened and the doctor entered. We both looked at him in shock and confusion.

"Oh I'm sorry! Am I interrupting?" He was about to leave.

"No! No!" I stood up and gestured for him to follow me out.

"What is it, Mr (Y/L/N)?" He also wrongly called me, "It's Winchester. Wh- why doesn't s-she?" I gulped back my tears. "Remember me?" I sighed.

" That's actually what I was coming to tell you, Mr Winchester. She's suffering from amnesia. We don't know how much she remembers yet. How long have you known her?"

"Around a year or so, I guess." I ran my hands through my hair.

"I'm so sorry, it's unlikely that she remembers you."

And I broke down. She left a week later, didn't even give me a goodbye, or a 'sorry I don't remember you'. She's got a husband now. Kid on the way. She's a teacher at the local school, and teaches folklore and myths to her English class. All about Golems and Dragons, Sirens and anything else of the sort. It makes me think of what we used to do. Saving people, hunting things.

What I wouldn't do to have her back just for a moment. Even just long enough to tell her I love her.