6🤎

Rue

The last few days have been a rollercoaster to say the least. Firstly, Kaleb and I have been getting wildly closer. We've been hanging out everyday since Wednesday night when we got dinner. He's so sweet and generous.

Secondly Shuri and I have been texting like crazy. We've has some deep and meaningful conversation, some about school, family, a lot of flirting, nothing too crazy. I tend to shut it down pretty quickly. Our friendship has not helped my crush on her whatsoever.

When we hang out with our friends I have to keep from being affectionate towards her. It's hard but I do pretty well. She's always stealing glances and teasing me in a way.

Kaleb and I are on the way to my parents house, it's Sunday and they have begged me to bring him for dinner. The whole gang will be there as well, including Morgan. This night should be fun and hopefully it'll teach my parents to stop inserting themselves into our social life.

When we pull up to my childhood home I already feel bad. "I'm sorry I made you take that hour drive. Also I pre apologize for my friends, they can be a bit much." I say.

He grabs my hand "It's okay, I'm sure I'll like them. They seem like very cool people."

We walk up to the door and I open the door using my key. I already hear the rowdy bunch in the dining room.

"Hey everyone." I say as I enter.

"Thank god, we're starving." I hear Shuri groan followed by laughter from everyone in the room.

"Unlike some of you all I have a life. This is Kaleb, Kaleb these are my parents Headmaster Sutton and Professor Sutton which you already know because we all are on the same campus every day." I exhaust.

"We'll then, let's skip the introduction and let's eat." My father says.

We sit down and immediately my people starts badgering him. I can't wait until he leaves. I'm making it my mission to personally have at it with each and everyone of them.

"How was the animal hospital Korine?" My das asked me.

He's the only one who calls me by my first name. Everyone else calls me Rue which obviously is my middle name Korine (cor-in) Rue Sutton. I prefer to not be called Korine since I've been an adult. When I brought it up to my dad he told me that calling me Rue wasn't going to happen.

"It went really well. We're having an adoption day in November, you two should come by and take a dog home maybe." I say placing roast on my plate.

"Your mother and I were talking about getting a cat but we know how much you despise those things." My father says.

"More like she's scared of them." Simon takes a bite of his food.

"I hate their elegance, it's sneaky to say the least." I respond.

Everyone is engaged in conversation as well as Kaleb. My phone starts to ding.

Princess😵‍💫
I'm kind of hurt, cats happen to be my favorite. By the way, you look beautiful tonight Angel.

Me
That doesn't change my distaste for them. Thank you. You look great as always. ❤️

I looked up at her and mirrored her smile. The rest of dinner went great. They didn't take it as harsh on me as I thought they would have.

I'm in the kitchen helping my mom clean the dishes.

"This was so fun. I'm so happy that you and Simon have friends with good heads in their shoulders. That Kat is so smart and outgoing. She reminds me of-" I stop her already knowing what she was going to say. "Mom, I know. Not tonight."