36🤎

Rue

After running into India two weeks ago we've been hanging out quite frequently. Tonight is the first night she's hanging out with the group though.

The annual open mic night is tonight and she wanted to tag along. After I introduce her to everyone we stand in line to get our beverages.

"Is Simon not coming tonight?" India asks scanning the menu.

"He is, he said he was going to be running late. He'll be here before the performances start."

"Okay, it's going to be fun having half the middle school gang back together." She exclaimed.

"We should try and get everyone back together at some point."

"I went to go see Mrs. Shelly and she said since most of her middle school class still lives in Infinity, she wanted to get everyone together. Something like a class reunion." She says.

"That would be fun." I add.

"Yeah, we can see how our old crushes look now that we're older. I wonder if they still look good."

"Yeah, mine does." I mumble not expecting her to hear me.

"Oop, who?" She awaits a reply.

I contemplate telling her it used to be her. "Oh, you remember that one boy." I try to think of a name on the spot.

"I actually don't think you had a crush back then. I mean I heard a rumor but you know I don't entertain gossip." She shrugs.

"What rumor?" I ask, it's old but I'm curious.

"Well, everyone used to say you liked me. Like I said, I never entertain rumors." She turns from me and looks back at the menu.

"What if that rumor had been true?" I ask. "Just curious." I follow up on my previous question trying to cover my ass.

"Then I would be a little heartbroken because truth be told I had a little crush on you too." She smiles showing her one deep dimple.

"I regret to inform you but you were in fact my first girl crush." I say bashfully.

"Awe, I was your gay awakening." She puts her hand over her heart playfully.

"No, my gay awakening would be Jessica Alba in Honey and her best friend in the movie. I used to watch the movie every day just to see them. But you were close second." I blush.

"I'm hurt, but that's a great pair to lose the race to." She chuckles lightly. "So how's your dating life going?"

"Nonexistent, my last relationship was a lot to deal with. She and I went through a lot. It's going to be a minute before I can get back into that scene."

"Who knew girls were just as worse as guys."

"You'd think that girls would be better seeing as we should understand each other more." I add.

"Exactly, the good moments are great but-"

"The bad moments are just that, bad." I finish.

We get our drinks and headed back to our table. The show is about to start within the next fifteen minutes.

"I'm serious I want to go camping, I think as a group we need the experience." Alexis says leaning on to Kaleb.

"Just as long as Simon and Joe can act mature enough not to get hurt I'm down for it." Lottie replies.

"Next week's weather is perfect for camping. We should do it then." Morgan says.

"We should do it this weekend while Shuris here visiting." Alexis says.