44🤎

Rue

"Monii, look over here." I jingle the baby's toy so she can look at me. Iris has her dressed as a little pumpkin for Thanksgiving. I am in LOVE. I snap as many flicks as she'll let me.

"Okay, that's enough. I'm taking my little cousin." Simon swoops in and takes the baby from the couch.

"She doesn't even like you." I playfully roll my eyes. I hate to admit it but Simon is really good with kids. He might even be better with them than I am.

I go off to find Iris and show her the pictures I took of Armonii.

"Simon snatched her away but look at all of the cute photos I got." I smile handing my cousin the phone.

"These look great Rue- oop." She passes me back my phone.

Princess😵‍💫
I'm sorry I'm not there to hold you. I'll be there as soon as I finish up here. I don't have much left.

"I didn't know that was a thing." Iris makes the filling for the pie.

"It's not, we're just chilling." I sit across from her at the island in the kitchen.

"And India? you two were just sucking each other's face all day because she had to leave yesterday."

"She and I are chilling too. I can handle both of them. I'm having a little fun, no one's getting hurt."

"Do they know what you're doing?"

"Of course. India has always been fine with it and Shuri knows where we stand. If they're not happy they know the next move."

"Well, just remember the first rule when dating with no purpose. Stay safe, that means sexually, mentally, and emotionally." Iris stabs the pie crust. 

"I know, thank you, cousin. Is Shawn coming for dinner tomorrow?"

"He's going to try. Probably not though." She shrugs.

"Tell him he's missing out on the special Sutton family dinner."

"Yeah, you all are special alright." She pours the mix into the pie crust.

"Shame on you." I point my index finger and rub it as my phone rings. I pick it up and walk out the back door with Lillian in tow.

"You literally just texted me. I was about text you back. I was talking to Iris." I say to Shuri on the other end of the call.

"I was going to text you this but I figured I'd call to deliver the bad news."

"Which is?" I purse my lips.

"I won't make it back to the States until it's time for classes to start back up. I'm sorry, I have Panther duties. I really thought I'd be able to be there."

"No, no I get it. You need to be with all the Wakandan baddies, they need you more than I do." I joke.

"You are terrible you know that?" She laughs.

"So I've heard. Seriously, it's fine. I'll see you then."

"I'll call you later when I have some downtime."

"Sure, whatever you say."

"I love you." She speaks.

"Remember what we talked about?"

"I know, I had to try though." I hear her smirk.

"Bye Shuri." I hang up smiling.

She didn't like my new circumstances for our relationship. She got over it though, she'll probably never like it but it's her doing.