10🤎

Rue

"I'm so happy I get to see your face again." Kaleb wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead.

He brought me flowers and a gift, I haven't opened it yet. He surprised me this morning and offered to walk me to my class.

"Did you have fun in New York?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'll show you some pictures I took later." He said as we approach my class.

"I can't wait to see them, we can hang out after my last tutoring session, it's at six." I say.

"Okay, see you then." He leans in and I dodge.

I gasp, "I'm sorry, I just-"

"It's okay, I'll see you later at six. Have a good day." He walks away.

I hear snickering. "Smooth angel."

"How long we're you watching?"

"Long enough, you two are quite the couple."

"We're not together."

"Who are you trying to convince, you or me?" She raises her eyebrow.

I walk into class and shuffle to my seat. She grabs my arm kindly. "Did I upset you?"

"No, I just don't want to feel the wrath of the professor." I shrug my shoulders.

"Well then, why don't you set up a double date. My friend and I and you and your "boo" ".

"No" I sit next to Simon.

"Good morning guys." Simon smiles. He's always so damn happy in the mornings.

"Good morning." I spew.

"What's the matter little one? Did Kaleb forget to kiss you this morning" He asks in a sarcastic tone then begins to laugh. I shake my head and go into my back pack to retrieve my computer.

"She curved him, you should've seen it, it was pathetic to say the least." Shuri laughs and Simon joins in.

"So I dodged one kiss, we kiss all the time." I lie.

"You're lying." Shuri says.

"No, I'm not. I just didn't want to kiss him this morning."

"Rue, you've never kissed anyone. You mean to tell me you've had your first kiss?" Simon raises an eyebrow.

I give up "No Simon, I haven't. I just haven't told him that. He's going to laugh in my face." I fold my arms.

"You're going to have to kiss him eventually." Simon says.

"Yeah, but not right now." I login my lap top.

Moments later the teacher starts his lesson.

I love Simon but he has got to stop telling Shuri my business. He's just the poster boy for big brothers. I love him though, I know he'd do anything for me but the next time he does it I'm going to kindly kick his ass.

♾️

I'm at a cafe on campus and I just got done with my final session. I'm waiting on Kaleb. He was suppose to meet me so we could get dinner together but he's left me on read all day. I wait on him for ten minutes then I text. Still nothing, I give him the benefit of doubt and I wait twenty minutes.

Still.... Nothing.

I pull out my phone and try to wait on him a little longer.