40🤎

Rue

Eh, the last month has been so crazy but in a good sense. School and tutoring take up most of my time but I won't complain seeing as learning new things is something I love. India takes up the rest of my time which is a good balance if you ask me.

She and I aren't together but we are definitely way past being friends. She treats me so well and she's really been here for me during my parent's divorce. I hate the fact that she's roommates with my ex-girlfriend, it gets a bit awkward when we're together and she enters a room. It always ends with me packing up and leaving.

We go out a lot and we're planning a trip for my birthday. I never really got to experience going on dates and being in public in my last relationship but I really do like it. She's showing me what a relationship is supposed to be like, and I love it.

I'm as over Shuri as I'll ever get. That soft spot for her is still there but that's something that'll never go away. She was my first love and I thank her for that but she most won't be my last. I still feel like she's my soulmate but that doesn't mean we're meant to be together. I hope we can be friends eventually.

My parents are in a better place and are actually doing good but they're still going through with their divorce. I've talked to both of them separately and Simon and I have talked to them together. It's what's best. I think my father is planning to move away from Infinity to take a job at Howard University that's been offered to him for years now. He lightly mentioned it but I'm not sure. I'm glad they're no longer constantly arguing but at the same time I'm not the biggest fan of the split but I've dealt with it in a healthy way.

The weather in Infinity has been scorching lately. Since I haven't really hung with the group lately we're going to the lake to just chill and honestly let the day take its course. I really miss everyone, obviously, I see Kaleb, Lottie, and Alexis all the time but it isn't the same as when we're all together.

I get to meet Shuri's new girlfriend, Amiri, everyone said she's really sweet. I've had a class or two with her but I've never really talked to her.

I stopped by my parent's house to grab Iris to hang out. She doesn't go anywhere and it's time for her to start getting out. My mom has the baby for the day.

"Look who decided to show their face today." Joe all but screams.

"Aw someone misses me." I joke.

"No, I just missed having someone to talk about." He hugs me.

"I'll take it."

"Eww, you brought Iris." He fake gags.

"Eww, I can't believe I have to share the same air with Joesph." She matches his energy.

"All jokes aside, it's good to see you." He hugs her.

"Same here." She smiles.

Joe literally gets on everyone's last nerve. I missed him though nonetheless.

"Mmm, and you brought India." He goes in to hug her.

I immediately step between them putting my hand on his bare chest, I could throw up. "Hands-free Bill Cosby."

He looks between the two of us. "I knew this would happen. I'll settle for a high five." He puts his hand up.

"We need to get you a girlfriend immediately." India chuckles.

"Why when I have you two." He snickers.