49🤎

Shuri

The last few months have flown by so fast. I don't know if it's because I'm dreading leaving or if it's because I miss home.

Today is our graduation day. Everyone mostly graduated earlier today, the science department's graduation has just come to a close. Only Simon and I walked out of the group.

Aneka, Nakia, Riri, and Okoye came to see me off. No one told me they were coming but I was more than thrilled to see everyone, I almost cried a little.

"You all came!" I hugged every last one of them.

"Of course Sister, why wouldn't we? It's a big day for you is it not?" Nakia smiled brightly.

"I didn't think it mattered, seeing as this is my third time finishing School." I brag a little.

"Nonetheless I'm proud of you bestie! You worked hard." Riri pulls me into her little arms again.

"I didn't think you'd stay this long. I thought you were going to leave midway through. I owe Ayo some money." Aneka's smile fades a little.

"Hey, what the hell. You're supposed to be my friend." I laugh.

"She's a friend but a fool Panther, don't mind anything she says. Where is your girlfriend I've been hearing about?" Okoye chuckles.

"She's over there with her family. Her brother graduated today as well." I point to the Suttons. "Come one, I'll introduce you all."

"How do I look?" Okoye asks.

"We go through this every time. You're just as bald as the last time you asked." I grab her hand and pull her to the huddle of people.

I introduce everyone and soon our two groups collide. "Your shirt is the best, I need one of those." I point at Rue's shirt. It says "Si The Science Guy!" With some old picture of Simon with glasses on.

"Did you not see the back?" She smirks while turning around.

"Shuri The Panther Nerd, how original Angel." I laugh at her ridiculous shirt. It has a picture of me in my lab, full-on goggles, and a lab coat.

"You still want one?"

"I'll hold off for now." I smile.

"Congratulations Princess." She throws her arms around my neck and kisses me.

"Thank You, Angel."

"I know you came over here for fun but now you have some lifelong friends."

"And a soon-to-be wife." I pick her up off of her feet.

"That too." She giggles. I'm so glad Kathleen chose to come to Infinity out of all places."

"I'm happy she decided to as well." I kiss her again.

"You think they even notice everyone else?" Simon questions.

"Probably not, they're having one of those main character moments." Riri responds.

"We can hear you." I look over at the pair.

"Are you two ready to go?" Simon asks.

"Yeah." I answer throwing my arm over Rue's shoulders.

"Where are you leaving to Panther? It's rude to abandon your guests." Okoye frowns her face at me.

"We're going to hang with some friends. Aneka you're welcome to join."

"These kids wouldn't know manners if it slapped them across their faces. You all can come back to our place for dinner and a drink while they go to their party they think I don't know about." Headmaster Sutton offers.