38🤎

Rue

"Who was it?" Lottie stakes the tent down making it sturdy.

"I don't know, I couldn't make out the voice."

"Do you think it was that Riri girl she had been talking to when you guys were together?" She throws the waterproof tarp over the tent and I grab it.

"Maybe, I feel like I've heard the voice before. Maybe she's back with Aniyah?" I secure my side of the tarp.

"Didn't they end on weird terms?"

"We never really talked about it. I wouldn't know. Has Simon said anything about her having a new girlfriend?"

"You know Simon and I are going through it right now. It's a good day if we say one word to each other." She scrunches her face in disgust.

Lottie and Simon's ride has been terrible, to say the least. It was bad when they first got together because Simon acts weird to her when they're around other people. He just continued to push her away after he had been recovering from his accident.

He went over there two months ago and cheated on her. His excuse was "I didn't know we were together.". I don't know what's up with him but he treats her awfully. I don't know why she stays with him. I get being in love but at some point, enough has to be enough right?

"Lottie, he doesn't deserve you. You don't need that in your life. I know that's my brother but he's a dick."

"Easier said than done. Once we get to a place of peace, it all would have been worth it."

"Yeah, but you two haven't had any peace yet." I state.

"We have momentary peace. It's like a switch flips and we get along when we're away from the world. It's enough for me." She lightly smiles.

"I don't know, that doesn't seem like enough. It doesn't even make sense." I rebut.

"It does to me, now let's get back to the topic at hand. Could it be someone from Wakanda?"

I don't want to upset her but I hate what he's doing to her. She pretends as if he isn't hurting her but I know her. Every time I try to be there and comfort her she gets aggressive and throws up my problems.

"Not anyone I would remember." I shrug.

"I think you shouldn't let it get to you. You broke up with her and for good reason. You'll never get over her if you keep obsessing over what she's doing." She says softly.

It's the truth all I've done is thought about her and now that she is back it's worst. I just have to keep reminding myself that it's all for the best.

"I know, I know. I just wanted to talk to her for my parents. That's all, it was nothing romantic if that's what you think."

"I'll tell you what, I'll sleep with Simon this weekend. You and India can have the tent all to yourselves and hopefully will get closer. The best way to get over one is to replace them with another." She wipes her hands clean.

She'll never under that what we had can't just be replaced, no matter how hard I try.

"Only if he isn't being terrible to you. If he does you can always come back to the tent."

We finish setting up and even though what Lottie said was true, I still can't help but think about the girl that answered the phone two days ago.

♾️

The air is muggy, the bugs are out and I'm starving. Why wouldn't anyone love camping? Ugh. I'll thug it out though because my friends are having a good time. Everyone arrived a few hours ago, tents are all set up and we're roasting marshmallows instead of grilling food. Simon said something about the bears, either way, I'll be leaving to go grab some food soon I can't survive off of graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows for the night.