34🤎

Rue

I look into her eyes and somehow I know she's telling the truth. All I can do is laugh in her face. Her expression is so disgusted right now.

"Angel, I'm serious."

"I know, I know. Come on you can't tell me this isn't funny." I laugh. I don't quite know why I'm laughing but for some reason that's my reaction. Honestly I don't really know how to feel right now.

Her phone rings. "It's your parents, I'll be back. I'm not going anywhere, just outside the door."

"Okay, hurry."

Once the fog clears from my mind everything becomes so clear. The secrecy, the lies. Her telling me I don't know her. It all became um undeniably clear.

"No fucking way." I giggle.

The irony here, are we that damn stupid that we didn't see this. How did I not see it, she looks just like the princess. She not only fooled me but she fooled everyone else. I can't help but sit back and laugh. This has to be something straight from a book.

♾️

Shuri

The Suttons gave me the okay to take Simon back to Wakanda. I'll have a jet sent for them once we land. I've gotten him stabilized and off of that machine. Griot is working on giving me a full workup.

Rue has seemingly calmed down from her hysterical fits of laughter. She's just been staring at me since we've gotten on the jet.

"You can ask me whatever you want Angel." I say as I looked at Simon's 3d X-ray.

"When we're you going to tell me?" She asks calmly.

"Once we got back to campus." I answer.

"Why?"

"Why What?"

"Why did you lie about who you were, you know wouldn't have judged you or treated you any different." She stands from her seat.

"When I decided to come to America and take college courses the king, M'Baku, told me I had to go under a different alias. So many times I wanted to tell everyone, I wanted to tell you most of all. Over winter break circumstances changed. I could've told you but we had been in too deep that I was just scared to tell you all."

"If you had told me we could've figured it out together." She ties her braids back with a scrunchie.

"But I didn't, so now I have to deal with whatever punishment you choose.I'm sorry Angel."

She pulls me in and hugs me. She doesn't say a word after, she just sits back in her seat, and moments later I hear Bryson Tiller playing from her headphones.

After coming up with a precise plan on how to treat Simon. We finally are about to enter the border of Wakanda.

"Angel wake up, your going to want to see this." I take her earphone out. She sits up and I escort her to the front of the jet where the view is the best.

"We're entering Wakanda. We're home, Panther." Aneka says.

"It's so gorgeous." Rue smiles as the gold horizon hits her beautiful face. It's the perfect portrait.

"Welcome to my home Angel."

We land at the mound and my lab assistants rush in to grab Simon. Stepping off of the jet everyone is here AGAIN but this time the King is with them.

"Take him to my lab, take very good care of him." I instruct.

"Yes, Panther." The four lab assistants nod and walk away with Simon in toe.