41🤎

Rue

My eyes shoot open and I search for my phone quietly, trying not to wake India up. It's 2 AM, I get out of bed and slowly creep to collect my things and leave.

Last night was so awkward and I don't want to talk about it. Once I'm safely out of the room I tiptoe to the door, Shuri comes out of her room. Once she sees my face she looks disgusted.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Why are you sneaking out the house like a damn idiot?" Her tone is irritated.

"What crawled up your ass?"

"Maybe I'm just tired of seeing you."

"You're back to being rude already? It hasn't even been 24 hours."

"I never liked you in the first place."

Why is she acting like this? We were just cool a few hours ago. "What did I do to you?"

"How long have you been sleeping with India?" She blurts.

"Shuri that is none of your concern. We've been over this time and time again, you don't get to ask me about my personal business. Is that why you're mad at me?"

"Mad doesn't even cover how I feel right now."

"Why are you upset, we're broken up. Because of you might I add."

"No, that has nothing to do with me. You left, you made a promise to me and you left Rue."

"So now I'm the villain in your story, is that what you've been telling people? How about you tell people how you acted once I left? Simon immediately traveled to Wakanda to comfort you, I know what you two did. You didn't care that I left, I know about the girls and the partying. He told me everything."

"It was a fucking ruse! When he got there I was a mess. I couldn't eat or sleep because I was so torn that you had left me. Simon said he'd go back and pretend as if I had moved on so you could."

"But you did move on. You have a girlfriend, why does it matter to you what I do in my spare time Shuri?!"

"It matters to me because I'm still in love with you." She yells. I look behind me to make sure India wasn't coming from her room.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her into her room and closed the door. "No Shuri, you're not."

"Are we really about to go through this again?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"You're just talking in the heat of the moment."

"Okay Rue, if you want me to hate you all the damn time then that's what I'll do from here on out."

"Okay, say you were telling the truth. What does that mean?"

"It means we try to work this out."

"Okay, so-" She cuts me off.

"That's what it would've meant. You're corrupted, damaged goods. I don't want anything to do with you. We have nothing to talk about." She sits on her bed.

"That's not fair Shuri, I'm pretty sure you've slept with someone." I fold my arms.

"That's the thing, sweetheart, I haven't. You're the only person I've slept with in the last year."

"But you've been with other people before me. I have that on good authority. Should I gather all the girls you've slutted out prior to us sleeping together?"

"That may be so but I didn't have two bodies under my belt within my first year of fucking." She stands back up looking down at me.

She shocked me with that one and it took a physical appearance. "Don't talk to me like that Shuri."