37🤎

Shuri

"Why should I let you come back?" Headmaster Sutton leans back in her chair.

"I technically haven't done anything to be put out." I explain. It's the truth, yeah everyone knows about me but mostly everyone is cool with it. Plus the highest faculty member knew before anyone.

"Will there be any conflict if I allow you to come back to campus?" She asks.

"There shouldn't be, Rue and I are on decent terms." I sort of lie.

"Okay, this week while you're here I'm going to be watching you. If anything happens I swear you'll throw out any chances of me letting you come back."

"Okay, I promise nothing will happen." I throw my hands up.

"Good, you can follow Simon's schedule and we'll talk about the dorm situation once I firmly believe everything is clear with you and your group of friends." She explains.

"You can just put me back in my old dormitory." I shrug.

"No, all the single dorms have been filled. You'll have to share this semester. We will talk later, get to class Shuri." She lightly smiles.

I get up to leave but I can't help but think that I'm the reason for her pending divorce. "I'm sorry Headmaster Sutton, about everything from causing your divorce to hurting Rue."

"This isn't on you Shuri. You came to your headmaster and I handled the situation the way I would handle any other student's needs. You didn't cause anything, I don't want you to ever say that again. Now, get to class or you'll be late." She grins.

♾️

Rue

"Si, when we talked we agreed that we'd communicate better. What happened?" Simon and I are walking to class.

"Best friend confidentiality. I can't tell you what happened. I just promised Shuri I wouldn't tell you she was here. I have to hold my relationships to the same value." He speaks and it just annoys my soul.

"I should be above everyone else seeing as I'm your little sister. Why would she tell you not to tell me if I was going to see her anyway?" I frown.

"I had forgotten to tell her you were going to be at the open mic night. She was just as shocked as you were."

"You know she hates me right?"

"I know, I'll do better with keeping you two away from each other. But you do know we all are a part of the same friend group, you two are bound to see each other." He emphasized.

"I know but the less time spent the better." I speak lowly. I'm well aware that we have to see each other but she wanted to leave off on bad terms and that's exactly what she got.

We enter the classroom after the long fifteen-minute walk it took to get here from the dorms, Shuri is sitting in the row of seats where we usually sit with Kaleb.

"I promise I didn't know she'd be in here, she went to talk to momma last time I checked." He assured me he was just as surprised as I am.

"Good morning Simon." She said teasingly.

To be quite honest I don't like being on her bad side. She's rude and a complete asshole. If I would've known this is how she would be when things came to an end I would've never gotten involved with her.

"Good morning, how did things go this morning?" Simon sits next to her as a shield to divide us.

"The headmaster said I get a week to prove there would be no drama. If a week goes by and nothing happens then she'll approve my enrollment forms and I can come back to campus."