28🤎

Shuri

"Hey Brandon, is Simon here?" I ask Simons frat brother.

"Yeah, he's up in his room packing for spring break." He says from the kitchen.

I came to see Simon because we need to talk. He and Rue may not be ready to solve their issues but I'm good and ready to apologize and make things right between us. Despite what he and Rue are going through, I broke his trust and I have to make things right.

I knocked on his door and waited for him to answer.

"Oh, look who we have. Public enemy number one." He chuckled.

"Good to see you too." I smiled hugging him. I'm so glad he's not pissed to see me.

To be quite honest, I don't think he was ever upset about us being together. I think he's upset about us not telling him for so long.

"So what brings you by." He goes into his closet.

"I came to get my best friend back."

"Why should I take you back?" He yells so I could hear him.

"Because I want to apologize. We shouldn't have left you in the dark for so long. I betrayed your trust and I should've just come to you and talked to you about it."

"Look sis, I'm not upset about you and Rue. I just was hurt because I found out about you two officially in October. It made me so upset that neither one of you had come to talk to me about your relationship, it's March."

"We were worried about hurting you. I didn't want to lose my best friend. Believe me, when I say it was no ill intent, Rue wanted to come to tell you so many times but I was just afraid of the repercussions."

"I'm not too geeked to Rue with ANYONE. If it had to be anybody I'm glad that it's some one I trust."

"I was so afraid of losing you and the group all that I practically begged Rue to keep it a secret."

"Look, life's too short to be upset over the things that make us happy. If you being together makes you two happy then I'm here for it."

"Why'd you tell me to stay away from her before?" I ask.

"I didn't know you all too well. I just didn't want her to be hurt. Look Rue is my sister, she's fragile and I love her and only want what's best for her. Over time I got to know you and we got closer than I thought we would've. Your my sister too, I haven't seen you two together in action but I do know the two of you separately. There is no way one would hurt the other intentionally or without good reason."

"I promise I'll do right by her, she deserves it."

"You do too. How is she?"

"She's good. She's angry with you but she'll come and talk to you soon."

"I really didn't mean everything I said. Some of it was true but I over exaggerated. She has every reason to hurt the way she does. She's never once invalidated my feelings or gotten impatient with me like I did with her that night."

"I've been around your family for only a short time but I do know that you all are understanding. I think if you talk to her and tell her how you really feel you two can come to some sort of understanding." I say.

"Has she talked to you about it?" He asks.

"Yes but she is my girl, you are my best friend. I will not insert myself in your family matters. I have come to warn you though, she found out about you and Lottie. She went shopping with Alexis, Morgan and Lottie today. I guess someone let it slip, either way she's upset so I have to go pick her up she's 'walking home from the mall'"

"Okay, thanks for the heads up." He scratches his head.

"It's the least I owed you after everything." I stand up getting ready to head out.

Simon pulls me into a tight hug. "Don't think I haven't notice the care you've been taking of her. Thank you."