26🤎

Rue

The last month has been so confusing. Kat and I have been getting along perfectly but it still feels like she's holding back. She's serious about us this time around. We've been talking about a relationship. We're telling Simon tomorrow at dinner. Once we do that we'll be free of the restrictions and the lies.

Tonight the group is coming to Lottie and I's dorm to discuss spring break plans, play some games, drink a little, and overall just chill. We have a destination and where we're staying settled. We just don't have any activities planned.

"I brought food and people." Lottie walks into the living room with everyone except for the guys.

"Where's dumb and dumber?" I ask.

"They're coming, Joe dared Simon to do a flip from the top of the steps and it became a whole competition thing. They've been at it for fifteen minutes. We could only watch so much." Morgan explains.

Leaving those two together, someone is bound to get hurt. They always have to outdo each other. If Simon walks a mile Joe will walk two and vice verse.

We all move to the kitchen to chat about the trip to Florida.

"Have you all gone shopping yet?" Alexis asks.

"No not yet, I'm probably just going to pack some stuff I have." I shrug my shoulders.

"No, we're taking you shopping." Lottie says.

"I have so many options. I think I'm just going to pack everything and go with whatever vibe I'm feeling." Morgan grabs a wing from the box as I'm plating them.

"Good idea, but I would hate to carry all that luggage around. We're only there for a few days. Come look at some of the pieces I have." Lottie gets up from her stool, and Morgan and Alexis follow her.

Kat stays in the kitchen with me, she's staring at me. "Can I help you?" I ask without looking at her.

"I just like watching you." She leans up against the wall with her hands in her pants pocket.

"A few months ago that would've made me nervous." I pull plates from the top cabinet.

"What made you so brave?" She snickers.

"Oh, my soon-to-be girlfriend." I quip.

She pulls the cups from the cabinet closer to her. "I make you brave?" She comes behind me and wraps her arms around my waist.

"Yes."

She kisses the nape of my neck. "How brave?"

"Not as brave as you think, now back up before someone comes back to the kitchen." I smile taking the food to the living room."

♾️

"Your cheating Rue." Simon slams his cards down in defeat.

"I'm just that good at Uno. Now everyone take your shots and the sore loser to the left of me can take two." I say referring to Simon.

"It's time for never have I ever. You all know the rules, drink if you have. If you lie about anything there's a double-shot penalty. To make it spicy, if you share your story you may send a shot to anyone in the room." Lottie explains.

"Okay, never have I ever had sex in a public place." Joe says.

Everyone drinks except for Lottie, Kat, and I. Oop.

"This girl and I had sex on a desk twenty minutes before class started." Alexis says after finishing her drink.

"What classroom?" Joe asks in disgust.