11🤎

Shuri /Kat

Before coming here I did all of my research. I worked on my American accent, learned all about pop culture, and I even taught myself how to use a smart phone. It only took me two minutes, not to brag or anything. I also learned how to make American foods, the simple ones anyway.

Luckily the world hasn't laid eyes on me since before the blip. I've had time to be discreet. I recently cut my hair so I'd look a little different. I was so sure it wasn't going to work, but the people here are oblivious. No wonder why Miley got away with being Hannah Montana, not that I watched that show or anything. Maybe a season or two.. or the whole show, but it was purely accidental.

I never made a big fuss about my friends calling me Shuri because it's easier. I hate the name Ayo picked out for me. It sounds like an old white woman's name. I really hope everyone takes it well when I have to go back to Wakanda. I've had so much fun here this last month.

While finishing up my homework and watching tv Rue texts me.

Angel🤍
What's my favorite princess doing?

Me
Doing homework, mostly watching tv. What is heavens favorite little Angel doing, I know your tutoring session is over.

She told me her boyfriend stood her up and she's going to eat a pop tart for dinner. I can't let that be the thing she puts on her stomach before bed. I get up from my bed after completing my work and head to the supermarket to get items to make dinner. She said she loves any form of chicken and rice. I grabbed ingredients for that, wine and some pop tarts since she likes those and only has one left.

After shopping I drive to the south dorms and walk up to her apartment. I hear a man's voice inside. I still decide to knock on the door. When she answers I'm so excited to see her that I plan to hug her.

"Hey Angel, I brought you something." I smile holding up a few bags.

"Hey, thanks." She quickly says.

"Can I come in, It's cold out here." I chuckle.

"Actually Kaleb is here and we're in the middle of something. We can hang out tomorrow." She smiles at me as if it's a good thing.

I'm so confused. I thought he just stood her up.

"Uh, sure. Here, I just came to drop these off. That's all Angel. I'll see you in class tomorrow." I manage to get out. I wanted to hang out with her now. I wanted to cook for her and make her laugh now. Not tomorrow.

"Okay, text me when you make it home." She smiles closing the door.

As I leave her building with my head down, I remember that we are just friends. She owes me nothing and I owe her nothing.

I pull out my phone and press call on Aniyah's number. I have some pressure built up and I need to release it.

♾️

"We can try again, I normally get it right the first time around." Aniyah says laying next to me.

"No it's okay, we can watch a movie or something instead." I turn and look at her.

"I actually have to go stink. I have a paper due in a few hours. We can do this again some other time. I enjoyed myself though." She smiles.

"I just bet you did. I'll catch you tomorrow." I say to her as she walks out of my room, moments later I hear the front door.

I decide to get up and shower, I'm over the whole night. After moisturizing, I put on a pair of shorts and a pull over hoodie. I have the American college style to a T. I hear my Kimoyo beads going off. I walk over to my nightstand and pull them out. It's my old friend Okoye.

"Princess, how nice to see you." She smiles.

"Hi, it's been so long." I say.

"Yes, how've you been in America?"

"Everything has gone wonderfully. I'm glad I was able to have this experience."

"Your accent sounds impeccable princess." She smiles.

"Thank You, I know you. You didn't call to complement me, what's up?"

"I'm actually outside your dorm, Aneka and I need to borrow your brain for a few days."

"For a mission?" I ask.

"Yes actually, borrowing the panther would be nice too." She smiles.

"That's all you had to say. I haven't used the panther suit in months, I want to test out the updates I added to it. Let me pack a bag, I'll be down in a few." I smile.

We hang up the call and I immediately throw clothes into a bag. I shoot Simon a quick text before heading out. Soon the tiny ounce of sadness that tugged at my heart strings fades away like an echoing note.