46🤎

Rue

My alarm goes off for classes. I get up and get ready for the day. At some point while brushing my teeth I remember Shuri came over drunk last night, she's gone this morning per usual.

I have to leave out early this morning to meet with India for coffee. I text Shuri to make sure she made it home safe but I hear her phone ding from my nightstand. I'll drop it off to her on my way to meet India.

I walked to her dorm and knocked on the door. A pretty brown skin girl a tad bit tall but taller than me answers the door wearing a huge t-shirt and no bottoms from the looks of it. She's eating bacon and is just as shocked as I am.

"Hi, is Shuri here? I wanted to return her phone." I force a smile.

"Yeah, she's in bed eating breakfast. Come in." She steps to the side.

"No, I have to get going. Could you give this to her please?" I hand her the phone.

"Of course." She smiles widely.

I walk away from the door and I can feel her eyes on the back of my head. So clearly she's there for Shuri and they're eating breakfast in bed together.

"This is what you wanted Rue, This is what you wanted." I repeat to myself as I head to my destination.

♾️

Shuri

My head is still on fire from last night. I opted to not go to classes.

"Hey, I think I just met Rue." Riri comes into my room and hands me my phone. I must've left it at her place last night.

"You answered the door like that?" I look at her outfit with disgust, which consists of almost nothing.

"Yeah, she might be a little pissed. It was all over her face. I take it she didn't know I'd be here."

"No, she doesn't even know who you are. Besides, I told you we aren't together."

"Tell her that, she was fuming." She plops on my bed.

"I'll talk to her later. I just want to eat and go to bed right now."

"Where did you go after Simon dropped us off?"

"Why?" I look at her out the side of my eye.

"Just curious." She picks at her waffle.

"I went to Rue's dorm. I don't know why? I know one minute we were driving to campus and the next I was at her dorm, bodies tangled on her bed."

"I'd probably be pissed if I cuddled with the love of my life all night and woke up to her missing only for a strange half-naked girl to open her door. Just saying." she shrugs her shoulders.

"Go home already." I joke.

"You wish. What are we doing tonight?"

"Sitting inside." I try to get comfortable.

"We need to go out, you promised me a good time." She smiles.

"Fine, Alexis is throwing a small get-together at her dorm. It doesn't start until later. Tomorrow Simons frat is having a party, the theme is Santa."

"Santa?"

"That's all the flyer says. Argue with him." I chuckle.

"Fine, then Sunday we can rest before I head out for my flight. And I actually will talk to Simon. He's slowly stealing my best friend."

"Can I go back to sleep now Miss Williams?"

"Yeah, after you talk to Rue."

"No, it can wait until after a nap. I didn't go to class for this reason."