8🤎

Rue

I was awaken by a knock at my door. "Wake up, I brought breakfast." I hear Simons voice.

"Please, stop the banging." I hear Shuris voice.

I jolt up looking over at her. She stayed here last night, I forgot. I tap her arm.

"Princess you have to wake up." I say.

"I can't hear you, open the door little sister." Simon sings through the door.

"I said give me a second." I yell back at him.

"Okay, I'll be in the kitchen. I brought Morgan with me." He yells.

"What time is it?" She asks.

I look over at my phone "it's two o'clock in the afternoon." We slept in really late. We must've been comfortable.

"Okay, shit. Simon is here. I promised him I wouldn't." She jumps out the bed lacing her fingers and pressing her palms to her chest.

"Huh, I uh. How are we going to get you out of here without anyone noticing. That should be our focus right now. I have a house full people here."

"I don't know. Let me think for a second please." She runs her hands over her face.

Her phone starts vibrating. I look over at it, it's Simon. I look at her with wide eyes. Good thing her ringer is off. I made sure of that last night.

"Rue, I don't see us getting out of this. Only thing we can do is tell everyone that I slept here last night. What harm could it do?"

I sit on the corner of the bed. "Text the group chat and tell everyone it's important and that we all need to meet you in the Caf to talk."

"Great idea but what will I say when everyone gets there?" She frowns.

"I don't know, say you think you're falling for Aniyah. Boom." I smile.

"Boom?? We solved nothing Einstein. They're going to expect me to actually be falling for her. I can't lie."

"Okay, we'll say you think you're falling for her. I don't know." I say.

"Fine, toss me the phone." She says.

I toss her the phone poorly but she catches it with ease.

"Were you a football player?" I asked.

"No, I just have good reflexes." Her lips tighten.

"I sent the text."

Princess😵‍💫
911! Meet me in the Cafeteria.

Si💙
Okay, we're going to wait on Rue to get ready then we'll be there.

Me
It's fine, I have a headache and I don't really feel like getting out of bed.

Si💙
Okay I'll be by later to check on you. We're leaving.

We wait until everyone is out then I text Lottie to see if she was home. She texted me back saying she's out with a guy she met last night. We have to talk about that later. She usually never links with a guy more than a few time. She must really like him.

"The coast is clear, you just have to go and make it believable." I say.

"I'm sorry about last night." She says grabbing my hand.

"It's okay, don't apologize. I'd gladly do it over. Just refrain from drinking and driving please."

"I will Angel, I promise. I'll text you later, I don't know if I'll be back by here later." She says.

"You don't have to worry about the clothes or anything they look good on you. You can leave yours here so you can just go straight there. They already have a head start on you." I say.

"Right right." She says walking out of my room.

When we get to the front door she hugs me. "See you soon Angel."

I embellish in our hug. "I'll see you later."

She leaves and I go to the kitchen to see what food Simon left. After eating I got ready for the day.

After doing my hair I'm all ready for the most relaxed day ever.

Princess😵‍💫
Everything went smoothly but now I'm taking Aniyah on a date tonight, thank you... not.

Me
Sorry, I wasn't ready for our mini secret to be out.

Princess😵‍💫
Neither was I.

I smile at my phone. Once I'm ready for the day I do some housekeeping, face timed Kaleb and did some studying. By the time I got done with that I was hungry and it was late.

No one was available to get dinner so I ordered in and watched tv. I dosed off watching Cars.

Incoming FaceTime call from Princess😵‍💫.....

I wake up and answer.

"Hi Angel." I see Shuri in bed with a hoodie on.

"Hey." I say with my raspy voice.

"Did I wake you up?" She asks.

"Yeah, but I should probably be getting up anyway. I have to work in the morning, I don't want to over sleep and be drowsy tomorrow." I say.

"Do you want to know about my date?" She asked.

Not really. "Of course."

"Well we went to this nice spot and I told her to dress casual. She showed up in sweats. She didn't look bad, she look good but not for the occasion." She laughed causing me to laugh along. Her laugh is so contagious, you can't not laugh along side her.

"Then the end of the night comes, she insists that I come up to her dorm. I know what most college kids would've done but I politely declined. Every time we've kissed her nose piercings have smelled foul. I just couldn't and I told her why."

"Say your lying right now." I cover my mouth trying to hold in a laugh.

"I'm serious, it smells sour."

"Please Shuri, my stomach hurts." I laugh.

"Did I mention that she talks with her mouth full." She laughs.

"I'm sorry, I have to make it up to you." I laugh.

"Let's hang out tomorrow." She says.

"I have to work then go grade papers with my dad." I say.

"I'm sure he'll understand if you don't go." She says.

"What would we even do?" I ask.

"Let's go shopping, you could show me around town. I haven't had a chance to see it." She says.

"I'll talk to my dad tomorrow, I'll let you know before I go to work."

"Fine, will it be okay if we hang out, just us?" She asks.

"Yeah, why not. We're just friends. I hang out one on one with everyone all the time." I tuck myself under my cover. She takes a FaceTime photo.

"You're so photogenic." She laughs.

"Delete that." I chuckle.

We talk all night until we both fall asleep.