New Book Teaser!

Chapter I:After Death

"Could I ever hope to be someone like you?"

There was a pause, the wind on the high roof sending a chill down Izuku's spine.

All Might shifted before talking, "This job is dangerous, kid. Pro heroes are always having to risk their lives. Some villains just can't be beaten without powers. So, can you be a hero? Not without a quirk" He huffed before pushing himself up and making his way to the roof's exit.

Izuku felt every atom of his body contract before expanding again, similar to when it's really quiet and there's a sudden noise and your body reacts.

"I see-"

"If you want to help people, I suggest being in the police business. Sure, heroes do most of the work, but it's a fine profession." All Might reached for the door and it clicked, letting out an ominous creak before he continued, "It's not bad to have a dream, young man. Just make sure those dreams are attainable. Realistic."

Izuku turned around to face the hero, his eyes welling up and his body visibly shaking. "Yeah, realistic." He whispered.

All Might sighed, "Come on kid, let's get you to the police station."

The air shook as a wave of dust from an explosion echoed about a mile from where the two were.

All Might quickly patted his pockets before panicking, "Walk down to the lobby and I'll be right back, okay kid? I have to get him before anyone gets hurt."

Izuku nodded and watched as All Might jumped from roof to roof.

Was he smoking? Nah.

The world was silent. Turning his back to the door, Izuku looked over the ledge, watching the people flee buildings and running home. They were so small.

Taking a cool breath of the icey air, he stepped up to the small ledge.

Another breath-

And in his last breath, as the wind whipped through his hair and outfit, as the bystanders started to scream and point, as another explosion impact went through the air-

He was at peace.

Finally.

Izuku grudgingly squinted his eyes open slowly, to be met with a rather perfect suit covering his whole view.

Groaning, he attempted to move, only to be held back by said faceless suit man.

"Stay still." He hummed, "I'm almost done, just a few more wraps."

Looking down, his legs, hands, arms, and chest are wrapped in gaws. A weird hand covered in purple mist passes over Izuku's chest, wrapping another line of gaws across his chest.

Not wanting to cause the mysterious man any more trouble, Izuku stays still and quiet as he replays the last thing he remembers over and over.

He'd finally found peace.

So why is he still here?

He should be dead!

"There we go." The Mist Man™ said as he backed up from Izuku, finally allowing the boy to see more than his two piece suit.

His face was covered in mist, similarly to the man's hands that Izuku observed earlier. His eyes were above the mist, pure yellow and kind of whispering off to the sides, mixing into the mist.

"Thanks?" Izuku finally mumbled out, his voice hoarse.

The Mist Man™ reached over and handed the younger a bottle of water, "Drink. You took quite a fall."