End of camp

Handing the terrified pomeranian to Kurogiri and Dabi, Deku and Shinsou went back to the camp. They ran quietly to where Koda was, “Koda.” Deku whispered. The boy turned around. “We’re going to go now. Did you want to come with us for a while?” Shinsou asked. (I swear, these two are siameze twins) Koda nodded. “Ok. After training camp go with that green haired kid. His name is Deku.” Shinsou said, snickering a bit. Deku elbowed Shinsou and made sure Koda knew what they were doing and wouldn't tell anyone about this. Once that was done, Koda ran off while Deku and Shinsou shadow traveled to a bathroom, stashing their outfits.

A few minutes later the two appeared in the training field. “Where is he?!” Deku asked, out of breath. Aizawa looked at Deku with a sad face. “No,” Deku hid his face and fell to the ground. “Man it’s hard not to die of laughter.” He thought.

Once Deku was ‘calmed down’ Koda came running out of a part of the forest. His aunt was relieved but she wouldn't worry about him right now because her friend may have a concussion. Deku leaned over to Shinosu, who just got there. “No wonder he doesn't feel safe.” He mumbled. Shinsou agreed.

Koda wasn’t interested in his aunt anyway so he didn’t mind. He ran to Deku and Shinosu. The two knelt down as Koda got closter. “Are you ok?” Deku asked. Koda nodded. Shisnou was clearly scanning over him for any ‘new’ scrapes or scars. Once he didn’t find any he smiled. “Glad you're not hurt.” He said.

The group that wasn’t tending to the wounded watched this happen and found it more than odd. The kid who hated heros about an hour ago now ran to them before his own aunt. Aizawa was the first to step forward. “Did something happen?” He asked, looking more tired and annoyed than usual. Koda hid behind Dekus arm, scared of the man. Deku laughed nervously. “Some villain was about to kill him. Me and Shinsou got there just in time.” Aizawa grunted and left it alone, too tired to care right now.

Mandalay perked up from her spot next to her hurt friend at the word “kill” She got up and walked over to the group. “Who almost got killed?” She said, suddenly interested in Koda and his few scrapes. “D-Deku saved me from the v-villain that killed m-mom and d-dad.” Koda stuttered. Mandalay paused and looked at Deku. “How?” She asked in awe. Deku shrugged, "He lost his balance at the edge of a cliff when we were fighting.” The students didn’t think much of this ‘heroic’ feat but Mandalay knew what the man looked like and his quirk. Falling due to balance was the most believable excuse Deku could come up with since he was barely touched. Luckly, for pro-heros everyone was stupid.

-Packing up from camp-

Deku walked up to Mandalay. “U-um, Mandalay?” She looked at him and put down a clipboard she was writing on. “Yes Midoriya?” Deku smiled, “I w-was wondering if K-koda could come to UA for some time. I want to teach him how to defend himself.” Mandalay's face lit up, “That would be great! I can give you my phone number and you can tell me how he’s doing!” She bounced with joy. Deku smiled brightly, a genuine smile too. After exchanging info Deku left to find Koda.

Deku walked into the main building and looked around. Eventually, he found Koda on a couch playing a video game. “You ready to go?” Deku asked, sitting next to the boy. Koda looked up and smiled. “Yup. I have my bag. When are we leaving?” He asked. Deku checked his phone, “A little less than 10 minutes.” Koda smiled and paused his game. Now, Koda is a pretty smart child. In the night he was given to think about it, he had come to the conclusion that Deku knew the Rabbit. I mean like from his perspective it’s obvious. He covered for the Rabbit and Ace said to go with him. “Mr. Deku?” “Just call me Deku.” The green haired boy said. Koda nodded, “How do you know the Rabbit?” Deku choked on air. He did not expect that.