part 19. slightly tipsy

after the many times violet has seen and talked to her new friends. her confidence has slowly grown, texting mostly with ashton and luke, finally being comfortable enough to text michael and calum every so often.

today is a rare day for her. she woke up this morning, having no plans. so, what does she do? she texts her four new friends to ask if they want to come over to hang out.

all their answers being an easy yes.

calum is the first to arrive, violet had hoped either ashton or luke would be here first. but, this would potentially force her to talk to calum more.

"hey!" calum greets enthusiastically, violet smiles as he walks inside. "how are you? i feel like i haven't seen you for a while."

"i'm good, just been busy with the store and stuff." she nervously walks him over to her living room area.

"yea, i heard." he sits down, looking around her apartment, seeing as he's never been here before. "i see you in there every time i come past."

"so you're stalking me now?" she raises her eyebrows. did she just make a joke?

"oh, totally." he rolls his eyes playfully. "plus i bought a few things in there a couple days ago, talked to lisa and she mentioned how you're never not in there to work."

violet leans her head back on the sofa, wondering if her aunt knows these guys better than she does. "do you all know my aunt? i feel like you secretly know things about me based on the fact she doesn't keep her mouth shut." violet laughs.

"well, i know that you were planning on going to culinary school," he tells her. "and i've seen a few baby photos of you."

"you've what?" violet takes a breath, why would lisa be showing baby pictures of her. not that lisa knew violet would end up being friends with her customers. "i expect to see baby pictures of you now, i wasn't the cutest baby."

he nods his head, already agreeing to it. he grabs his phone out, going to find some photos when there's another knock at the door.

violet gets up, opening the door to see michael and luke. she lets them inside michael joins calum over on the couch while luke sits on a spare chair that violet brought out.

"see here," calum leans closer to violet, a picture of him as a child on the screen. "this was when i was in school."

"oh my god," she smiles. "you were cute."

"am i not cute now?" he frowns at her.

"i mean.."

calum's jaw drops, nudging her to stop her looking at anymore photos. michael and luke were confused, not thinking they'd arrive to see calum and violet joking with each other.

"so, what did we miss?" michael asks. "are you two good now?"

"now?" calum turns to violet, and back to michael. "we've always been good, i don't know what you mean."

"right."

"i meant to ask, now we're on the topic of old photos," she glances around at her three friends. "do you have any pictures from when you were in your band."

none of them look as if they want to even think about finding pictures. she's sure calum would at least have something, seeing as he's the one who brought it up originally. luckily, michael speaks up.

"i have a couple videos on here still," he stands up, making calum move up so he can sit next to violet.

he clicks on one video, she can hear guitars, drums, bass. it amazes her. seeing them playing their guitars with ease, but, for some reason, she can't take her eyes off of ashton on the drums. how he could keep up with the rhythm of the song, how much effort he put into making it sound perfect.