part 68. tattoo

"you'll be back for dinner right?" ashton asks violet who is getting ready to leave the house while he's laying in bed. "i still wanna cook for you tonight, make something nice, maybe watch a movie after."

"i'll definitely be back for that." violet smiles softly.

she goes into the bathroom for a moment, coming back out with a different shirt on. a band tee, instead of ashton's shirt she wore to bed last night.

she walks over to ashton, straddling his hips as she lays herself on top of him. head resting in the crook of his neck, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"gonna miss you today, flower." ashton places his arms around violet's body, hugging her close. "text me when you can?"

"i'll update you all day," she promises. "what're you doing today? anything fun without me?"

"nothing's as fun without you," ashton sighs. "i do need to go to the store to top up on a few things, but that's all."

violet goes to say something, when there's a knock on the door downstairs. most likely luke, who she would be with today.

"well, thats my queue to leave," violet leans up, delicately kissing ashton's lips. "i'll see you later."

she stands up, grabbing her phone from the nightstand. she gets to the bedroom door, ashton rolling over as he watches her.

"i love you, baby." he says.

"i love you too." violet smiles, tucking her hair behind her ears before leaving the room.

she makes her way downstairs, heading straight for the front door. opening it up, luke is standing there, excitable look on his face. violet chuckles.

"give me one second." she points to her sock covered feet.

she picks up her converse from the shoe rack, leaning down to lace them up on her feet. she quickly grabs her bag from the living room, now ready to go out with luke for the day. after closing the door, they go over to his car, getting inside to get on their way.

"ready for today?" luke asks once he starts pulling off of the drive. "first tattoos are a big deal."

that's what today is all about. violet's very first tattoo. her body is a blank canvas, but after today, there will be one small area decorated with artwork. something she hasn't told ashton about.

the decision came after a few days of talking back and fourth with luke and a tattoo artist at the place he goes to, discussing options, placements and specifics of what violet wanted for this tattoo.

the roses ashton painted for valentine's day. he drew an outline in pencil, which is what she'll be getting tattooed. no colour, just outlined in black ink. simple is probably best for her first tattoo.

she's nervous, to say the least. somehow she managed to keep her composure all morning while cuddling, talking and getting ready with ashton around. she hasn't let it slip that she'll be getting it, as she wants it to be a surprise.

ashton has endlessly surprised violet with gifts over the time they've been dating, so, this can be her surprise to him. she doesn't know how he'll react, but hopefully this doesn't backfire.

"i think i'm ready," she doesn't sound too sure of herself. "i'm still worried it's going to hurt."

"just above your wrist, right?" luke asks, even though he's sure he's remembering that right. he sees violet nod in the side of his vision. "i think you'll be fine."

she tries to take his word for it. still worrying as their drive to the tattoo shop continues. although, it doesn't take too long to get there, not giving her too much time to overthink and back out.