part 52. i do

today is the day sophia will be getting married. the day violet isn't overly excited about. she'll be seeing the other guests, being a bridesmaid, getting hair and make up done.

most of all, she'll be away from ashton for a few hours. something neither of them are very used to as of recently.

ashton is currently laying in bed while violet is getting herself dressed into her leggings and hoodie. she'll be leaving with rose to go and get ready for the wedding very soon.

ashton is planning to get up and shower once violet is gone, get dressed into his suit and then leave once the other guys are ready to go over to the venue.

she walks out of the bathroom, hair in a messy bun, sitting on the chair by the window to put her converse on. she looks to ashton, softly smiling as he holds out on hand for her to go over.

she sits on the edge of the bed, ashton cupping her cheek in his hand, "i'm gonna miss you today," he tiredly says, caressing his thumb back and fourth. "seven hours until the ceremony."

"that's too long," violet complains, shuffling how she's sitting to lay down with ashton again. "i'll text you all day, keep you updated."

"call me later?" ashton asks, hands slipping around her front as he kisses her cheek. "before the ceremony."

"i will," she agrees. "now i better get going before sophia tells me to hurry up."

violet turns to ashton, pressing a soft kiss to his lips before standing herself up. she picks up her shoes and dress that she needs, heading over to the door.

"i'll see you later, baby," ashton smiles. "i love you."

"see you later, ash."

with that, violet is out of the room, going down the hall to the elevators when rose calls out from behind her. she seems to be running a few minutes behind too.

"hey!" rose greets as she stands beside violet, waiting for the elevator. "i hope you're ready to go down there because sophia is more stressed than i've ever seen her before."

"just about ready," violet chuckles. "not thrilled to be getting tons of make up put on me."

"just one day," rose places a hand on her shoulder. the elevator arrives, both of them going in and down to the ground floor. "you can wipe it off as soon as you're back tonight."

violet nods, following rose once they reach the lobby. they go through a side entrance, one that seems to lead out to the beautiful garden of the wedding venue.

there are tables and chairs set up under a porch area with heaters as it's most likely going to be another cold ohio day. however, most things will be happening inside.

they go into the venue hall, seeing more tables, chairs, a bar being set up, it all looks amazing. continuing through a back hall, they find the room that sophia and the other girls are in.

"violet!" sophia cheerfully greets. "i'm so glad you're here. tell meg her make up is too pale!"

"it's not too pale!" megan argues. "my skin is just that colour sophia, you don't have to be horrible."

"it looks fine, meg," violet reassures. "it's good to see you."

"you too, violet." she briefly hugs violet before going back to the mirror.

violet hangs her dress up where the others are, her shoes on the floor underneath. as she does so, their old friend, ally, walks out of the bathroom.

"oh! violet! i've missed you," she gives violet a side hug. "i'm so glad you made it, the wedding wouldn't be the same without you."