part 51. you're everything

for the first time in a while, ashton wakes up, and he can't seem to find violet. he slowly opens his eyes, seeing she isn't in bed where he was sure he was still holding onto her.

instead, he notices light in the reflection of the mirror. rolling over to see violet sitting at the small seat next to the window. leaning on her elbow as she looks outside. she seems happy to be in ohio, happy to be looking out at the place she grew up in.

as much as she continuously said she didn't want to be here, she's happy. happy to see the buildings, happy to see things she recognises, happy to see the sun she knows full well indicates freezing cold temperatures at this time of year. she'd hoped for some snow, but a little frost would do it.

"baby?" ashton softly calls, she instantly turns to him, smiling after knowing he's awake now. "wondered where you'd gone."

"sorry," she apologises, making her way back over to the bed, slipping under the covers and into ashton's embrace. "wanted to see if it had snowed, just a little frosty outside so we'll have to be careful not to slip over when we go out."

"how're you feeling about being back, now we're actually here?" he asks, rubbing his hands up and down her back underneath his shirt she's wearing.

"okay, actually," she admits. "happy. as much as i say i hate it, it's the people, not the place. i love it here."

"good, i'm happy to hear that." he leans down, pressing a kiss to her shoulder that's peeking out of his large shirt.

"i think we need to start getting ready," violet says, reading the time displayed under the tv. "we're meeting rose and sophia in an hour and thirty minutes."

"okay." ashton leans closer to her, kissing her softly before getting up from the bed.

he goes into the bathroom first, doing whatever he needs to do to freshen up. violet gets up, opening her suitcase to find clothes to wear for today. knowing it's cold, she'll be going with jeans, a shirt and definitely a hoodie.

once ashton is done in the bathroom, they swap. violet in there while he gets dressed in the main room. she spends most of her time doing her hair and make up in the bathroom, not a lot of make up, simple concealer and mascara for the day.

coming outside, violet gets dressed while ashton is waiting on the bed, replying to a few texts he got from their friends this morning.

ashton is dressed in black jeans, a striped button up shirt with his blue fluffy sweater over the top. violet in dark blue baggy jeans, a white shirt with her favourite green hoodie over the top. hair kept straight, flowing down her back. wearing her converse while he wears his doc martens, they're all ready to head out.

ashton picks up one of their key cards, placing it in his pocket. violet glances down at her phone, seeing that sophia had texted to say they're waiting in the lobby.

"rose and sophia are downstairs." violet explains, opening the door as she steps out.

"ready to see sophia again?" ashton asks, as they walk to the elevator.

it opens up right away, both going inside and clicking the button for the first floor.

"think so." violet takes a breath just before the doors are going to open.

just like that, they hear sophia loudly calling violet's name. rushing over as soon as they leave the elevator.

"violet! i've missed you! you look amazing!" sophia embraces violet in a tight hug.

"it's good to see you, soph," she replies with a little less enthusiasm. "ready to get married tomorrow?"

"i'm so ready." she smiles, pulling away from her. "and this is ashton i presume."