part 69. harry styles

keeping a secret can be hard. much like how violet has been hiding her tattoo and ashton hiding what he bought at the mall. one thing that isn't a secret anymore, is that they'll be going to a harry styles concert together.

today. it's today.

violet is ecstatic. she didn't think she'd even get the chance to see harry styles live with all the chaos of moving to another state. until ashton came into her life and bought the tickets.

now, for the other secrets. violet has planned to show ashton her tattoo today before they leave for the venue harry is performing at. she's gone over it in her head many times, deciding what to say or how to tell him. she thinks today is perfect though.

almost ready, violet is in the bathroom doing her make up for the show. already dressed in her matching outfit with ashton.

a pink dress with a pretty flowery pattern with a flower crown perched on her head above her curled hair. ashton is wearing pink shiny pants, with a pink tank top to match. both wearing feather boas of the same colour. it's all perfect.

she has the bathroom door closed, so ashton wouldn't walk in and see her tattoo on full display just yet. she's done her concealer and glittery pink eyeshadow, about to put on some eyeliner, when there's a knock on the door.

"putting my dress on, babe!" she calls out, kind of a lie. she just doesn't want to reveal her tattoo.

"that's fine," ashton replies from behind the door. "did you wanna have an early dinner here? or are we grabbing food at the venue?"

"what's the time?"

"almost five."

"doors open at six," she mumbles to herself, working out the time. "if we leave in the next thirty minutes ish we could eat there."

"alright, sounds good," ashton agrees. "i'll let you carry on."

she hears him walk away, going back to focusing on her eyeliner, making sure it goes on perfectly. as well as her own make up, she had thought about asking to put pink eyeshadow on ashton. but she never got around to suggesting it.

lastly, she takes hold of her mascara, putting some on her eyelashes. perfecting anywhere that needs extra concealer, and then she's done. she packs away all of her make up, pushing it back against the wall where it was on the counter before.

she takes a breath, stepping back as she looks over her outfit. short sleeves, showing her tattoo on her wrist, dress falling to the middle of her thighs, flower crown in the right place, sunflower necklace around her neck and the matching earrings in too.

she's ready for this concert. now she needs to be ready to show ashton her tattoo.

she walks out of the bathroom, hearing ashton walking around downstairs. standing in front of the mirror in the bedroom, she takes one final look at her tattoo.

this is it violet. time to show ashton your tattoo. you can do this.

she leaves the bedroom, phone and small bag in her hand as she makes her way down the stairs. she goes into the living room, ashton sitting on the sofa. he looks up instantly.

"hi, my flower," he stands up. smiling at violet. "you look absolutely beautiful."

violet blushes, tucking her hair behind her ears, "thank you, baby, you look incredible," she holds onto his hands, pulling him closer to her for a hug.

as they pull apart, she takes one last breath, keeping hold of his hands in hers as she prepares herself for this.

"okay, so, um, i have a surprise," she starts. "well, not a physical surprise... i suppose it is physical, it's on something physical—"