part 20. not a real date

today is the day ashton is taking violet on her first ever date. but, it's not to be confused with a real date. because it isn't. he's taking her out so she'll no longer feel like she's been missing out on how romantic a well planned date can be.

again, it's not a real date.

ashton let her know the date would take place at a fancy restaurant down town, but, he also wanted tonight to feel relaxed, with no pressure. however, knowing it'll be fancy, all violet is feeling is the pressure.

the pressure of being on time, the pressure of what to wear, the pressure of how much make up to put on and what to do with her hair.

she's never been on a date before, so she has no idea what she's doing.

violet has decided to wear the only fancy dress that she owns. a dark red colour, perfectly hugging her body in all the right places, sitting mid thigh, she thinks it's the perfect thing to wear for a date. maybe not a relaxed date. she's freaking out thinking about this whole thing.

she curls her hair, making sure to not go too overboard with how tight the curls are. make up follows, concealer, mascara, lipstick, blush, and skipping eyeliner.

hearing a knock on the door just as she's ready, she walks out of her bedroom, down the hall and to where she placed her shoes. specifically, her black, heeled, boots.

she opens the door, seeing ashton standing, waiting in the hall. dressed up in a black suit and tie, fancy dress shoes. hair as curly as ever, styled so his curls are out of his face, and no glasses.

before he can speak, violet widens her eyes, "i forgot my earrings, hold on." she rushes back to her room, grabbing her golden hoop earrings from her desk, slotting them in as she heads back to ashton. "okay, sorry, hi."

"hey," he smiles, now getting a better look at her outfit. "you look beautiful, violet."

"oh," she says, not expecting the compliment. "wait, i get it, you're saying that so i feel like i'm going on an actual date."

he frowns, shaking his head, "no, i mean it." he tells her. "you look really beautiful."

"oh." she says again, this time louder. a blush instantly showing on her face, noticing even though she has make up on. "i— um, thank you. you look beautiful too."

ashton chuckles at her nervousness, and she realises what had come out of her mouth. "sorry, i didn't—"

"it's fine, i got what you meant." he smiles, thankful for the compliment, however it was said. "i got you flowers, i don't know what kind of flowers you like so i just went with these."

ashton passes them to violet, she looks at them, almost not knowing how to react. this is her first time being given flowers by anyone. and they couldn't be more gorgeous. a bouquet of pink and purple tulips.

"these are lovely," she smiles at him. "thank you."

"oh, i remember you saying you're bad at keeping plants alive," he chuckles. "if you don't have anything to put the flowers in, just use a tall glass, fresh water every day should do it."

she nods, thankful he remembers her saying that. she quickly takes them back inside, doing as he said before, filling a glass and placing the flowers inside. she'll leave them in her kitchen until she gets home.

they leave the apartment complex, heading down to ashton's car. continuing with the date theme, he opens the door for her, gently closing it to get into the drivers side.

the drive is at least twenty minutes, an area violet hasn't seen before. he pulls into a parking lot behind a restaurant, and violet can't help but notice how fancy it really looks.