part 41. new years eve

after the events that went down at christmas, violet was happy when ashton suggested for her to have a quiet week. a break from the store, take time for herself, relax.

of course, she wasn't by herself. ashton was there most days, watching movies with her, going for walks along the beach, having lunch at the cafe's around town. it was a nice week of quiet, no chaos, exactly what she needed.

within that time, ashton told her about the new year's eve plans. fireworks at the beach, as they do every year, as well as wanting to take violet out for a nice date to end the year.

said date, would be happening very soon. violet had been getting ready, wearing a new purple dress she bought specifically for this occasion, with her black boots. hair in two half up half down braids and light make up as she sometimes does.

grabbing her small bag she'd be bringing with her, she's ready. ashton knocking at the door in perfect timing.

violet walks down the hall, opening up the door. ashton standing there, a smile appearing on his face once he sees violet.

"you look beautiful, vi." he happily sighs, glad to be here. "i got these for you."

he holds out a bouquet of roses, "flowers for my flower."

violet takes hold of them, her cheeks flushing a light shade of red. perhaps a repeat of what he called her on their first official date. calling her beautiful and his flower? she's sure nothing could make her happier.

"your flower?" she questions, a smile slowly growing on her face.

"yea, because you're violet, and violet's are—" he pauses. "sorry, you said you didn't like being called that before."

"no, no, please do call me that." she rolls back and fourth on her feet, suddenly worried she'd made him feel bad. "i like when you call me that."

he nods, now stepping back to let violet out of her apartment.

as always, he leads the way to the elevator and then out to his car. opening the door for her to get inside before seating himself in the drivers side.

having been to this restaurant before, violet knows it's not too long of a drive to get there. they pull into the parking lot, ashton being first to get out of the car, quickly getting to violet's side before she can open her door.

he holds his hand out for her to take, helping her out of the car. before he can let go, violet is quick to entwine their fingers, wanting to hold is hand as they walk up to the restaurant.

heading over to the front desk, ashton gives his name and they're immediately being taken over to their table. specifically, their beach view table.

sitting down in her seat, violet is stunned. the beauty of the beach at this time of the evening. the sun having just set. the sky a beautiful orange and pink glow.

"i requested this view for you," ashton gets her attention. "i thought you'd like it."

"it's beautiful." violet happily sighs, finally turning to ashton. "thank you, for this, for everything, you're the best."

"no, you're the best," ashton says back. "why else would i do things like this for you?"

violet folds her arms, picking up her menu so to not keep going back and fourth about it.

soon enough, they're ordering drinks and food. both violet and ashton having milkshakes. ashton going with getting some pasta, violet ordering a double portion of cheesy fries. that being all she feels like eating tonight.

while waiting, violet decides to bring up the plans for later tonight.

"so, uh, who's coming tonight?" violet asks.