part 45. more surprises

after a long, but fast, day of watching movies, the time had come to be getting ready to go out to dinner for calum's birthday. which technically is a celebration dinner for both calum and violet.

ashton is ready, wearing black jeans and a black button up shirt. sitting on violet's bed, leaning back against the headboard, he'd agreed to help violet choose what to wear for tonight.

standing at her wardrobe, she shuffles through her clothes. grabbing her purple dress, throwing it over to her bed. next she pulls out a black cropped shirt and a dark pair of loose fitting pants, again throwing them to the bed.

"do you like either of those?" she asks, still going through the wardrobe.

"i like the shirt and pants," he tells her. "goes with what i'm wearing."

with that, she turns around, picking up the dress to place it back in the wardrobe. she returns to the bed, first picking up the pants. glancing to ashton for a second.

"oh, i'll just—" picking up a pillow, he holds it over his face.

making violet laugh, but allowing her to change in here without the worry of him looking.

she removes her grey shorts, putting on the black pants. standing at the mirror to check they look okay. next, she takes off her green hoodie, replacing it with the cropped black shirt.

"okay, you can look now."

ashton removes the pillow, looking over at violet who is standing in front of the mirror.  she thinks the outfit is perfect, shirt sitting just right with the pants.

"you look incredible, baby," ashton compliments, standing up from the bed to join her at the mirror. "we look good together, don't we?"

"yea," she agrees. "we do."

turning to look up at him, he leans down, softly pecking her lips.

"now, let me just do my make up and i'll be good to go."

he nods, sitting himself back on the bed while he waits.

she tries not to worry too much about her make up, using concealer, a little blush, some eyeshadow and mascara. deciding on using a dark, but not too dark, purple lipstick. fluffing her long, wavy hair around, she's happy with what she's done.

turning around once done, ashton looks up at her, "how do i look?" she asks.

"you look perfect." ashton shuffles to the end of the bed. ushering her to move closer.

she stands between his legs, his hands on her hips, "perfect is a strong word." she raises her eyebrows.

"okay," ashton smiles. "how about the word gorgeous."

"also a strong word."

"why don't you say something about my outfit instead." he chuckles, standing up, moving back from violet.

he spins around as if he's showing off what he's wearing, running one hand through his hair to make his curls a little messy. just as violet likes.

"you look handsome." she smiles.

"hm, that's a very strong word, violet." he folds his arms, raising one eyebrow.

"stop!" she groans, laughing at the same time. "just let me call you handsome."

"only if you let me call you gorgeous."

"you're so annyoing, ash."

"and you're not?" he says, smirk on his face.