part 66. i like when you touch me*

it had been two weeks since violet had moved into ashton's place. two weeks of anxiety that seemed to be very slow at easing off. it was expected for a few days, not every day for two whole weeks. it wasn't a problem, it just made ashton upset that violet hasn't been feeling good.

the first night of her living here, after she got to sleep, ashton had hoped she would be peaceful and it would be a good night. he was very wrong.

violet was tossing and turning the whole night. the first thing that woke him up was her pushing away from him in the middle of the night. she laid facing away from him and as soon as he tried to wrap his arms around her again, she twisted and moved and didn't seem to stop moving.

he left her for a while, trying to see if she would settle back down on her own. which she eventually did, but she didn't seem comfortable. breathing not as steady as it usually is when she sleeps.

this went on for a few nights, until it was so bad a few days ago that ashton had to wake her up from her sleep. she felt terrible, thinking she was keeping him awake, he reassured her as much as possible that he was just concerned about her.

last night was slightly different, although, she didn't go easily. ashton practically lulled her to sleep with his soft singing. she seemed to sleep more peacefully after that. thankfully. he would never understand why his singing seems to help so much, but he wouldn't complain.

ashton hoped violet slept better last night, as today is the day the guys are meant to be coming over. originally it was going to be a small get together for violet moving in. but now it's turned into more of an afternoon to give violet a distraction.

ashton woke up before violet, holding her in his arms while she stayed soundly asleep. he didn't think she would be waking up for a while, so it surprises him when she seems to jolt herself awake.

ashton glances down at her, seeing she's looking around, as if wondering where she is. it clearly took her mind a moment to process that ashton is still there, as she feels around for where his hand is, much happier after being able to hold it in hers.

"ash?" she quietly says.

ashton leans down, kissing her forehead softly to let her know he's awake, "you okay?" he asks.

"yea," she replies. "did i wake you up again?"

"no, i was already awake, don't worry," ashton brings her hand to his lips, kissing the back of it a couple of times. "think you woke yourself up though, didn't you?"

"yea," she says again. giving short answers. "don't know what happened."

"nightmare?" he questions, considering that can cause a sudden wake up.

"no," she shakes her head. "was dreaming about you."

now he's intrigued.

"about me, hm?" violet clearly hears the smirk in his voice.

she immediately looks up at him, "not that kind of dream," she prods his chest with her index finger. "i mean.. we were in bed, so i guess it could've been one of those dreams."

she pauses, knowing her comment would get some kind of reaction from him. he shakes his head, allowing her to continue.

"we were at my apartment though," she explains. "i think it was late, and for some reason i remember being in your robes, the ones from the cabin—"

"probably after a bath or shower." ashton says.

"i was talking to you about meeting my parents," she continues. "or it was more talking about how i hate that you can't meet them, because i know what they'd be like with you."