part 31. happy birthday

the week went by pretty fast. meaning, michael's birthday is here too. his twenty seventh birthday. his birthday party that had been planned is finally here.

michael couldn't be more excited. getting together with friends he hasn't seen in a while, seeing the guys, his girlfriend, of course being there for the party too. it would be filled with fun and a lot of craziness.

violet had been contemplating for the past thirty minutes, deciding whether to go to michael's party or not. there's gonna be people she doesn't know, a lot of people, loud talking and music, alcohol. this really isn't her kind of thing.

however, she doesn't want to miss seeing michael on his birthday. she wants to give him his gift, say happy birthday to him in person. she'll have to push past her fears for that to happen.

knowing luke had gotten to the party early to set things up with a few others, violet decides on sending calum a quick text.

violet:
hey
are you at the party yet?

cal:
about to head over there now
are you gonna go?

violet:
i think i am
could you possibly give me a ride?
if i drive myself i think i'll end up turning around

cal:
sure thing, i'll be over soon

violet:
alright, thank you

whilst waiting for calum to show up. violet turns back to her mirror, checking over her outfit and make up again. she's wearing a blue strap dress, a thin white cropped jacket over the top along with a white pair of high top converse.

she ended up doing more make up than planned, going full out with her eyeshadow, eyeliner and lipstick. using blush as well as a small amount of highlight to add glitter to her cheeks.

twenty minutes go by before there's a knock on the door. violet grabs her phone and bag, heading towards the door. opening it, calum stands there, smile on his face. wearing a black tank top with plaid pants.

"don't you look nice," calum smirks, looking her up and down for effect.

"stop that, would you," she rolls her eyes as she pulls the door closed behind her. "let's go, before i change my mind."

she leads the way down the hall, going to the ground floor in the elevator. calum takes her over to his car, both getting inside. violet places her bag at her feet, glancing back, she notices a bag and a box on the back seat.

"what's all the stuff for?" she asks as calum begins reversing the car out.

"bag is for my girlfriend, she left a few things over at my place that she needs." he explains. "and the box is michael's birthday cake."

"she's gonna be at the party?"

"yea," he smiles. "i can introduce you, if you wanted me to."

violet thinks for a moment, watching out of the window as they keep driving, "don't take this the wrong way," she takes a breath. "but, i'd rather not? i don't know. i don't think i wanna talk to anyone other than you guys tonight."

"that's completely fine," he reassures. "i would've said your best bet is hanging with ashton all night, he's normally more responsible, but i'm gonna assume you haven't said anything to him yet?"