part 32. hangovers are hell

the morning after drinking isn't always the best. it's normally the absolute worst.

calum is first to wake up. getting any painkillers that are needed, eating some toast, as well as checking up on michael to make sure he had a great birthday. staying in the guest room, being quiet until luke is awake.

once they wake up. they keep to themselves in the guest room, until michael joins them. talking about the previous night and the many events that went down during the party.

after about an hour, they all decide on heading downstairs. michael thinks to check on ashton and violet. gently knocking on the living room door, opening it to see them fast asleep.

he leans in the doorway, arms folded. luke appears next to him, glass of water in hand to take painkillers. it doesn't take long for calum to peer over their shoulders.

"aren't they just adorable," calum chuckles, trying to snap a subtle photo to embarrass them with later.

"i assume they're back on talking terms?" michael asks.

"well, she was drunk out of her mind last night," luke reminds. "she probably doesn't remember going to sleep with him."

"she's gonna be so embarrassed when i tell her what she said about ashton yesterday." calum laughs.

"what did she say?" michael questions, wanting to know.

"called him dreamy," he explains. "and something about his dimples? i can't remember everything."

"are you guys gonna keep gawking at them or actually come and eat?" crystal leans out of the kitchen, getting their attention.

she walks back into the kitchen, the three guys following after michael shuts the door to the living room. leaving the two to sleep for as long as they need.

ashton and violet are peacefully sleeping. of course, the peace can't last forever.

not long after the others had come downstairs for breakfast, violet wakes herself up, coughing loudly. throat burning. it's the worst sensation she's ever felt.

ashton doesn't wake up until she's shoving his arm off of her, frantically sitting up. he slowly blinks his eyes open, seeing violet sipping on the old glass of water that she'd been drinking before they slept. she places it down, holding her hand over her mouth.

"violet?" ashton yawns as he speaks. "what's going on?"

"nothing, go back to sleep." she almost snaps. ashton obviously doesn't do that.

he especially wouldn't after watching, and hearing, her gag. "nope, you're gonna throw up." he abruptly stands up, trying to keep his balance with the heavy feeling in his head.

he walks to violet, hooking his hands under her shoulders to help her stand. it's as if within a few seconds, all the blood had drained from her face. ashton had never seen her this pale before. cheeks not rosy, lips not as pink as they usually are.

not that he takes notice of the colour of her lips.

he rushes to open the door, cautiously pushing her in the direction of the downstairs bathroom. as they walk past the kitchen, she gags again.

"hey—" michael greets, stopping after they continue past.

"did she just—" luke looks to calum.

"she did," sierra turns to luke. "i guess someones hangover is worse than mine."

reaching the bathroom, ashton pushes the door open. violet drops to her knees, hovering over the toilet just in time before throwing up. the contents of her stomach from the previous night, all coming out.