part 34. dating

after violet finally found out ashton has feelings for her too, she could not be happier.

the conversation went smoothly, she told ashton about her worries, he told her how he feels and now they'll be going on their first date together.

second date, if we're gonna get technical. but the last date was only as friends. this one, is knowing they like each other.

the same as last time, violet couldn't be more stressed. stressed about what to wear, how much make up to use, where they'll be going. she's feeling the pressure.

ashton had called her the night before, telling her he'd get this date right. nothing too fancy, definitely more chilled out than last time. after asking what to wear, he told her to go with what she's most comfortable in, but that they'd be going to dinner.

after doing her makeup, consisting of light concealer, mascara and a tiny amount of highlight. now all that's left, is choosing an outfit.

having three outfit choices laid out on her bed, she decides to call rose. thinking that rose has been on many more dates than she has. so maybe she'll be able to help out.

she calls rose on her laptop, thinking it'll be easier for her to see all the outfit options. she clicks on the contact, kneeling on the floor in front of her bed while she waits for rose to answer.

a few seconds go by, rose appearing on the screen, "hey, violet!" she answers enthusiastically. "wow, you look really pretty, got something fun planned tonight?"

"yes, actually, that's why i called," violet explains. pausing for a moment. "i'm um, going on a date."

"you're going on a date!?" rose almost screams, being violet's big sister, she's so happy. "who is it? is it luke? please tell me it's luke."

"it's not luke," violet laughs. a frown forming on rose's face. "it's with ashton. and i really don't know what to wear."

"you like ashton? why am i only just finding this out." she folds her arms.

"because i was figuring it out, and now i have, we're going on a date."

"i really am so happy for you," rose smiles. "now give me some options and we can get to styling you."

violet stands up, leaving her laptop on the edge of her bed. she picks up the first outfit she was considering. a black dress, tight in all the right places, v neck, straps and a zip in the back. she holds it up to the camera so rose can see.

"where are you guys going?" rose asks.

"um, i don't know," violet chuckles. "it's dinner, but he didn't say where, just told me to wear whatever i'm comfortable in."

"okay," rose thinks for a moment. "next option."

violet places the black dress down, next picking up her black skirt and white shirt. the same thing she wore to dinner when she met ashton's friends for the first time.

"hm," rose furrows her eyebrows, deciding. "anything else?"

violet quickly moves to grab her third option. a purple sundress. she never wears it, but tonight it might end up being her final option.

"this one's a winner," rose smiles. "this dress will look amazing."

"you're sure? i've never worn it before."

"you don't really wear dresses so that's not surprising," rose makes a good point.

"okay," violet agrees to wear it. "what about a jacket?"

"no jacket," rose tells her, violet doesn't understand. "well i assume it's cold there, so if you don't wear a jacket you can just get ashton's."

"rose! i'm not taking his jacket."