part 48. paint me a flower

valentine's day.

a day violet has yet to be apart of.

perhaps today will change that.

violet had packed a small bag, after ashton had suggested for her to spend a few nights over at his place. not specifically just for valentine's day. more because he wants her to be around him all the time.

bag full of different things, spare clothes, clothes to sleep in, skin care products, hair brush, hair ties, anything you can think of that she might consider needing.

ashton told violet to wear something casual today, something she'll be comfortable in, something she doesn't mind getting messy. not explaining what he has planned. all she knows is that he's calling it a valentine's day date.

wearing black sweatpants and a white shirt that she never wears, she decides it's a perfect outfit. she ties her hair into a loose, high ponytail before picking up her hairbrush to place it in her bag.

just as she's finishing up, she hears a knock on the door. smiling, knowing it's ashton, she heads down the hall towards the door.

opening it up, she sees ashton standing with a bouquet of flowers, "hi, baby," he pulls her in for a hug, she sighs, happy to be in his arms again. "happy valentine's day."

as she steps back, he holds out the flowers towards her, "i got roses for you." he smiles as she takes them.

"they're beautiful, thank you, ash." she leans up, kissing his cheek softly.

"just like you." he grins.

"i mean, i'm only in sweats and a boring shirt."

"you're always beautiful." he takes hold of her free hand in his, lifting it up to press a delicate kiss to the back.

"well, you are being extra affectionate today." violet feels a soft blush rising on her cheeks. "what have you got planned exactly?"

"that's a surprise for when we get to my place." he raises his eyebrows.

"i'll just grab my bag then." she let's go of his hand, heading back to her room.

quickly grabbing her bag, she closes her bedroom door, walking down the hall to ashton. flowers still in her hand, wanting to bring them with her to his house.

"here, i'll carry that for you." he takes her bag from her without question. being happy to carry it. "let's go."

he reaches to hold violet's hand, linking their fingers together as she slips her shoes on, walking out of her apartment. they separate for a moment for violet to lock the door, but after that, she's quick to re-link their fingers.

they head down in the elevator, going outside to ashton's car. he places her bag on the backseat, opening her door for her before heading around to the drivers side of the car.

after buckling up, they start the short drive to get to his house. it only taking fifteen minutes as the traffic wasn't as bad as it usually is.

getting out of the car, ashton, again, insists on carrying her bag upstairs for her. while she grabs a glass to place her flowers in, he takes the bag up to his room, placing it on his bed for now.

violet fills up a glass with water, her roses fitting in perfectly. she brings them into the living room with her, placing them on the table in the middle of the room for now.

ashton comes back downstairs, seeing violet waiting on the sofa, he goes over, holding out his hand for her to take. she easily accepts, allowing him to lead her through to one of the rooms she doesn't often go to.