01 | Haze.

Daydreaming.

A temporary escape from daily reality, by forming mental pictures, usually in spontaneous, brief episodes of other experiences.

"Kainaat!"

I snap out of my revolving thoughts, Just to see Kiran waving at my face with a confused yet annoyed expression, "Did you zone out?"

I shake my head, "What were you saying again?" She clears her throat, "Did you hear that Mina and Naseem are dating?— I told you they had a thing for each other!"

Irritated, I roll my eyes, "Why should i care about his one night stands anyway? He's just a sick womanizer." I spat out.

She slips an arm around my shoulder, "Will you please come with us to watch Insidious?— I'll pay!" She says in a sweet tone, "I can't Kiran! My parents are leaving for America tonight, I have like thousands of assignments to complete!"

Haider joins in, "You can be up in your room cracking your brain apart!— We'll throw a house party at your house."

"No thanks! I have to clean up the house, Cook my own dinner— and i forgot to mention i have to study." I say, hoping they would leave me alone.

Haider whines, "Kiran is bloody boring! It would be more fun with you around!" He says, earning a smack from Kiran on the head.

"You guys can have fun without me it's not a big deal." I say.

~

Kainaat was working in the Library, Which she was assigned to do in school, You see Kainaat didn't hate the job, Infact she loved it.

She was the type of girl who mostly kept to herself, Rather than go out for frat parties and hang around boys, That was more like Kiran.

She would much rather stay in her own home, in her own comfort— while binge watching a movie.

Also, She didn't have too many friends, She kept her space small and simple.

Kiran, The Fashionista— She was a much more sophisticated girl, She had every boy wrapped around her finger and was probably known more than the rest of them at their academy, Kiran was a party animal— not to mention an Alcoholic too.

Haider, The Dork— Haider was far more than smart, He was clueless, alongside a year younger than all of them in the crew, Suprisingly he had a girlfriend, And a sense of humor aswell.

Hasnain, The Sunshine boy— Hasnain was the mature one of the group, Kainaat adored him because of his adorable smile, He was respectful and he could play the guitar, Cutie.

As Kainaat dusted the book shelves, She heard someone clear their throat, "Hey Hasnain!" She smiled towards the boy.

She slowly climbed down the ladder, Hasnain immediately gave her his hand so she could get down safely, "What brings you here?"

"I was just passing by casually— You're seriously not coming with us to watch the movie?" He said, Kainaat pursed her lips, "Sorry Hasnain i can't! I'm going to be pretty busy."

He nodded, "Don't you feel suffocated working in this Library?"

She smiled, "I actually love working here.. helps me keep my piece of mind, also the books are like my friends now— plus it's not like some ghost might be lurking around the corner trying to haunt me." She laughed.

He chuckled, "You're really one of a kind."

She turned to him, "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" She asked, "Pretty good actually." He smiles, She felt her heart melt at his adorable smile.

He ruffled his hair, "When can you be free? I want to take you out sometime— just the two of us." He strongly emphasized the words 'just the two of us'

Kainaat cocked a brow, "Why not the others?"

He shrugged, "I don't know.. But we can hangout sometime at my place too! I really miss when we used to play video games at mine." He said, He walked over to her.

She smiled, "Those days were fun."

Hasnain slowly observed her, The way her thick round glasses sat at the bridge of her nose, The way a smile crept up her soft pink lips, How her skirt twirled everytime she moved, He was just scrutinizing her every move.

She noticed him staring at her, So she snapped her fingers, "Earth to Hasnain?"

He gives her a soft smile, She returns back to her work, Hasnain still tried to make a move on her but his attempts ended with him getting awkward.

"I'll see you later— I gotta go Naseem texted me saying it's time to practice." He says, "Alright i'll see you later." She says, He went out of the Library.

Suddenly, A much rather tingly feeling rose in Kainaat's heart, It was so random she couldn't figure out why it happened.

A pink soft blush tinted her plump cheeks, Her heart felt jumpy, She thought to herself, why was this happening to her after every minor interaction with Hasnain.

It's probably just his cute smile that gets me blushing everytime.

She thought, Dismissing the topic.

I'M DEEPLY SORRY FOR DELETING EUPHORIA BUT! EUPHORIA IS COMING AGAIN BUT JUST WITH DIFFERENT CHARACTERS! THE STORYLINE IS STILL GOING TO BE THE SAME! I'M GOING TO WRITE EVERYDAY I'M SORRY‼️