74 | Puppet.

A muffled groan escaped Naseem's mouth, as he sat upright, a bit of the pain emerged throughout his body, Hasnain helped him up once he was set, he stared at him with pity.

"Where's Kainaat? has she arrived?" Naseem questioned, Hasnain didn't reply back but instead hummed whilst still holding onto a bit of anger inside of him.

Naseem got the memo, "Are you mad?"

Hasnain simply shook his head, not answering the boy back, Naseem sighed as the hospital room burst open with a loud bang, he looked up to see Kainaat heaving up & down.

He smiled, "I missed you so much, you've no idea what i've been through."

In one hand Kainaat was holding Naseem's hospitalization records, which she would later on use as a special object on Naseem, she walked closer, her eyes not blinking.

"How come your eyes stop blinking—"

Kainaat raised the files before whacking it onto Naseem's head hardly, while he stared at her in confusion, she went on to continuously whack him every where she could, Hasnain watched her practically abuse him, silently with a grin.

"What you've been through? you blithering idiot! all of this could've been avoided if you hadn't messed with the Zaidi's!— i've been awake two, two fucking nights for you! and you're speaking of what you've been through?" Kainaat intoned.

Naseem frowned, earning another whack on his head, "Two nights? glad you care about me— alright alright i'm sorry!" Naseem apologized profusely.

Kainaat sat on the couch nearby, "Unbelievable."

Hasnain decided to cut to the chase, "It's time we paint something back at the Zaidi's, i've had enough of this really Kainaat."

Her head shot up, "Have you lost your mind? after what they've put Naseem through we ought to get back at them again? this idiot here is living-proof this is a bad idea." Kainaat pointed at Naseem.

"You can't let them get away with this one, i'm not thinking of the crappy stuff Naseem does to terrorize Kiran with a bunch of white flowers, i'd say we end this for good." Hasnain replied.

Naseem passed him a dirty look, "You're right Hasnain, but really i don't want you to get hurt in the process of this, be more careful than this dickwad here."

"Stop attacking me in between your sentences, i've already plenty of flesh wounds." Naseem argued, Hasnain exhaled, "I would ask you to help me, but i don't want anything happening to you either."

Kainaat stood up, "What are you planning?"

~

"You're rather quiet sunshine, anything interesting you could fill me on?" Daniyal spoke, chopping up his wellington beef, Kiran was more zoned out than usual.

Kiran hummed, while she passed around her vegetables in her plate, not interested in the food either as Daniyal took note of that, he caressed her hand making her snap out of it.

"You alright there?" he asked in a caring tone.

She passed him a re-assuring smile, intertwining their hands, "Ever since my mother's left, i feel as is i've become the lady of the house— everything just comes crashing down on my back." she answered.

"Everything as in responsibilities?" Daniyal replied, Kiran nodded with a sigh.

Infact Kiran did feel burdened with everything around her, but her mind was filled in with thoughts of Naseem and his wellbeing, she felt guilty for even thinking of him during her and Daniyal having dinner together.

"It all gets better at the end. i promise sunshine."

But she wasn't quite convinced, she continued playing around with her food as Daniyal went on about his business programs and what he had in his mind about opening another enterprise.

~

Bang!

The corkscrew ricochets off the champagne bottle, cheers roaring up in the air creating the perfect atmosphere for the middle-aged men around, "So Zaidi, crack us a joke real quick."

The audience wooed Naurez, as he stood up with his glass filled with champagne to the brim, "Eager to hear one aren't you all?" he spoke, receiving a loud yes.

Naurez placed his glass down, "Alright then."

"A man went hunting in the woods, he spotted a wild grizzly bear and shot at him, thinking he had got him, as the smoke cleared the bear was nowhere to be found." he continued.

"Suddenly, the man felt a tap on his shoulder, and he turned around watching the bear stare him down, the bear said to him, either i chow your body up right now or you could take down your pants and let me have my way with you."

Soft snickers escaped from the audience, as Naurez continued, "The man pulled down his pants and the bear had his way with him, next day the man goes on and buys an even bigger gun, hunting for the bear again."

He stifled his chuckle, "He spots the bear and shoots right at him, the smoke clears up as the bear is nowhere to be seen, once again he felt a tap on his shoulder, to watch the bear standing over him, the bear says— pull down your pants and bend over and so does the man."

"Get to the punchline!" a man spoke.

"The next day, he goes and buys an even bigger gun— a bazooka! and his eyes filled with anger as he hunts for the bear again, spotting him and a loud bang occurred, smoke clears up and this time he doesn't hesitate to turn around."

Naurez cleared his throat, "He sees the grizzly bear stand over him, as the bear said and i quote, you're not here for the hunting are you?"

Laugh's echoed in every corner of the room, Naurez himself held onto his stomach while laughing his behind off, some patted him on the back as a gesture.

"That was certainly a good one." one applauded.

While they all settled down, after having a good time, Naurez turned to hold up a conversation with some of his old business partners, someone sat in the distance watching every move of Naurez's.

He sipped his champagne in the corner, every move of Naurez's was scrutinized by his eyes, it wasn't even a stalker-like-stare, but more of an angry one, his eyes blazing red, yet keen.

His eyes narrowed through the glass, watching how much of a puppet Naurez was like, entertaining everyone around him, while hiding the yet disturbing truth inside.

"Arham, right?" a voice pulled him out of it.

Arham blinked a few times to interact properly with the other aristocrats, "Yes, have i met you before?" Arham questioned, the man infront shook his head, "I know you as the enemy of Naurez, that's all."

He cleared his throat, "What do you mean?"

"Don't you know? everyone here has been going on & on about it for a while, it's the hot topic the socialites could not stop blabbering about— it was your girl wasn't it?—"

Arham interrupted, "I advise you to choose what you say next very carefully, that's my daughter you're talking about."

The man frowned, "Ah, yes exactly, i'd say i'm in support of you, don't get me wrong."

"Oh, i assure you i'm really thankful for your support." Arham spoke with a hint of sarcasm in his tone, which the man took note of as he scooted away a bit, very obviously.