77 | The Terror Begins;

"He hasn't been out of bed since." the two men gossiped while leaning against the door in the hallway, with no shame whatsoever, as soon as they heard the door creak open- they stiffened up and took their positions.

Naurez slowly walked out of the door, holding his chest with a pragmatic expression on his face, men immediately rushed over but Naurez dismissed them, "I'm alright! is Kiran home yet?"

His secretary shook his hand a little to uncover his watch, eyes widening right after, "Oh my. it's almost about to hit twelve, she never stays out this late- is your chest aching again?" he questioned, Naurez shook his head, "I said im fine."

"She must be out with that bastard- Daniyal! Kiran knows of how much i hate every man she gets with, just to tick me off once more she went with Daniyal, takes after her mother." Naurez whispered the last sentence under his breath.

He turned his heels around, "When Kiran arrives, tell her to come see me in my foyer."

The secretary nodded and watched as Naurez stumbled a bit while making his way back inside- Naurez had shared with his secretary over how after all the humiliation he's faced, it'd be better if he sent Kiran abroad, maybe that's what he wants to talk to Kiran about when she arrives.

During these days, Naurez has been huddled up inside his foyer, sincerely as his face had been on the front of every newspaper or broadcasting channel- the ignominy he had faced was a situation to take a blade and slit your wrists on the kitchen floor, everyone wondered how Naurez still had his sanity intact.

While in there sat Naurez, knowing people inside his own house had been talking about him- nothing seemed to bother him anymore, at the end of the day it was nothing but bitter truth, the Zaidi name was destroyed by none other than the Heir.

That's right. Naurez was the only Heir of the Zaidi family- or was he? we never know.

His ancestors must be spitting on him from above right now, he had perished the Zaidi name into nothing but dust, and that left him in a state of shock, illness & depression, he didn't eat nor did he ever leave his room.

Suddenly his phone rang, which wasn't unusual as lenders from all around the world had been hassling Naurez Zaidi for their money back, what could the man do except make up lies in the air?

"Hello?" Naurez answered, waiting for a 'i want my money.'

Except there was a second of silence, followed by a sigh as the person spoke up on the other line, "It's me. Daniyal." the voice of Daniyal ticked Naurez off in an instant- in a moment, the old pissy Naurez was back, "You filthy baron-"

"Woah woah there, being a little too degrading now, are we?" Daniyal shot back, the hint of sassiness in his voice pushing Naurez over the edge, "What exactly do you want from me? you've got the publicity, fame aswell as my daughter!" Naurez screamed.

"Yes. your daughter. she's the only thing i'm worried about at the moment, is she home yet?" Daniyal mumbled, frantically.

Naurez cocked a brow, "This is what you called me for?"

"Listen- i can't explain everything over the phone, i feel there is trouble ahead of us." Daniyal informed in a calm tone, Naurez rolled his eyes, "Aren't you satisfied enough?" he snarked, but Daniyal was confused, "What do you mean?" he questioned.

"First you ruined me- publicly! and now you're after my daughter? have you embarked to no shamelessness?" Naurez argued, panting over the phone- that's how angry he was, Daniyal however kept his calm, as usual.

Daniyal replied, "Have you any proof that i ruined you?"

A know-it-all chuckle escaped Naurez's mouth, "The rivalry between us speaks for itself- now don't you ever phone me again or even think of my daughter, she'd be gone from here in a few weeks anyway, goodbye."