32 | The Other Woman.

Betrayer.

The word played in her mind like a broken cassette.

I laid in my bed staring up at the ceiling, mind constantly thinking of what had occurred, i felt like a betrayer— but am i really one?

Might've acted calm infront of Naseem but deep down my mind felt fizzy and i felt as if i wanted to just melt into a puddle, i couldn't face anyone.

At this point i didn't even want to go to school.

My door opened, revealing my dad, "Kainaat."

I got pulled out of my thoughts, "Hey dad." I said, he crossed his arms, "Why aren't you in school right now? c'mon! get up." He said, i sighed, "I don't feel like going to school today." I simply stated.

"What do you mean? are you sick? or wounded?" He bombarded me with questions, i groaned, "No i'm fine but i just have alot on my mind, i don't feel like going to school." I said.

He came and sat on the edge of my bed, "I have a surprise for you." He said.

I gave a small smile, "Like what?"

He pulled out a ticket and handed it to me, "You should visit your grandma." He said, i scrutinized the ticket and my eyes widened, "Are you for real?" I screamed.

My dad nodded, i screeched and i jumped on him, hugging him, while repeatedly thanking him over and over again, he chuckled and kissed my head.

"Alright now shall we head to school?" He said.

~

"Bye dad!"

I waved him goodbye, watching his car drive away from the area, later on i made my way inside school, trying to put on a brave face.

I plugged in my earphones and silently walked through the hallway, hoping no one noticed me, i just wanted to be a shadow.

As my homeroom arrived, i nervously stood infront of the door, hesitating to enter, i took a deep breath and opened the door.

Everyone didn't notice me, i mean why would they, but suddenly my eyes made contact with Kiran's, i slowly looked over at my friends, but i looked away and turned to another classmate.

"Can i sit here for a while, my eyesight is really weak actually." I asked her, she nodded and we switched seats, i could tell my friends were looking at me, might even be wondering why i didn't want to sit with them.

I guess i'm just going to distance myself from them for a while.

As our homeroom teacher came in, everyone else sat back in their seats, not hoping for detention, "Alright first things first, hand over your humanities assignment." He said.

My mind went blank as i bit my lower lip, i hadn't been able to complete it, because of the chaos that has been happening in my life.

I miss when my life was boring.

Suddenly i got dragged out my thoughts, to see my professor standing over at my table, he knocked to get my attention, "Ms. Kainaat, would you hand over your assignment?" He said.

I stuttered, "Sorry professor, i haven't been able to complete it—"

He cut me off, "Have you become like Naseem?"

As i was about to answer, Naseem made his way in class, "Speak of the devil." He said, Naseem just stood there, "I suppose you haven't completed your assignment aswell haven't you Mr. Shah?" He crossed his arms.

Naseem shrugged, "Yeah you guessed right."

"What punishment could i give to the two of you?" He thought, i silently groaned at the thought of getting detention again, "I don't know you can pick professor." Naseem said.