16 | Friendships.

"You can't do that! she's my friend!"

Kainaat yells at him, but he seemed pretty unbothered, he yawned, "Please tell her i can't come."

She scoffed, "You're such a pussy you can't inform her on your own?"

He rolled his eyes, "Naseem please, don't do this to her— she's been excited all this morning, please don't reject her now." She pleaded Naseem.

He ran a hand through his hair, "Wasim and i are going over to the club tonight, so i can't come." her heart dropped, "Naseem i'll do anything, just please hangout with her!— just for tonight."

She didn't want to hurt Kiran's feelings again.

"Kainaat try to understand—" she cuts him off, "Naseem i'll be your slave for the week, please just go over to her house! Kiran's an amazing girl." She said, hoping he would change his mind.

He got up, walking over to her, as he placed both his hands on either of her shoulder, "I'm sorry."

Guilt came over her, she tried persuading Naseem but he declined, "Please tell her i'm sorry." he said, and he left, leaving her with stress of what she's going to explain to Kiran.

She bit her nails, "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!"

~

"And i might wear this vest on top, it's cute right?"

Kiran said showing off the top, i nervously and frantically looked around, thinking of the right time to tell her what Naseem said, "Kainaat!"

I flinched, "Y-Yeah?"

Kiran waved her hand in my face, "What are you mellowing out for? you okay?" she asked, i laughed it off and reassured her it was okay.

She nodded and went back to her scattered clothes all over the floor, "Did you talk to Naseem?" she suddenly spoke.

My eyes widened, "N-No i didn't."

She hummed, "I thought you both caught up with eachother lately?" she questions, i bit my lip harshly.

But i mustered up the courage to break it to her, "Kiran i need to tell you something."

She turned to me, walking over as she sat on the bed, "What's up?"

"I lied, i did actually catch up with Naseem." I say, she nodded, "What's the big deal?" she questioned, i take a deep breath.

"He said he didn't want to come, him and Wasim are going out for clubbing."

At that moment, i regretted telling her everything, seeing her face morph into a state of sadness, her smile had dropped, "Wha— What do you mean?"

Her eyes frantically moved around, "You're joking right? he actually said that?"

Giving up, i nodded, "I thought he said he was coming— fuck! i prepared everything for him, he can't just fucking ditch me!" She stood up, tears brimming her eyes, for i don't know whatsoever reason.

I spoke up, "He said he was sorry and he might make it up to you—"

She yelled, "Sorry my foot! he's such a jerk!" she grabbed her hair in frustration, she kicked her clothes, "Calm down Kiran! he wasn't worth your time anyway!"

But she didn't stop, she kicked her stuff and grabbed a makeup wipe, "Did all this makeup for him! cleaned up the whole house! emptied the trash! cleaned my fuck— fucking room!" She yelled.

I felt sad seeing her like that, fucking jerk.

She sat down on the floor and bawled, "Do you think he lost his feelings for me?" she cried out, i wrapped my arms around her, "Don't care about him, he's a two timing cheap lying wannabe." I kissed her head.

Dragging her back to bed with great difficulty, "Don't sob over him— he's not worth you!"

~

After Kainaat had finished calming Kiran down, they sat down and watched some movies, specifically a shahrukh khan movie.

(if my readers dont like srk get the fuck out ma story beetch😒💯)

Kiran asked to watch a romantic movie, since she said and i quote, "I wanna watch a romantic movie, so i can know that will never be me and Naseem"

Kainaat agreed and they sat down, she tried her best to distract Kiran, while she shoved icecream down her throat.

The doorbell rang, "That must be the pizza! i'll get it." Kiran said, Kainaat followed after with the money for the pizza.

They made their way downstairs, while Kainaat counted the money to give to the delivery guy, as she opened the door, Kainaat looked up, her eyes instantly going wide.

Naseem Fucking Shah.

Leaning over the doorframe, with a neutral look splattered on his face, "Naseem?" Kiran stuttering as Naseem smiled, "Are you gonna let me in or not?"

At that moment, Kainaat forgot the sobbing, i hate men, i'm over him type of Kiran, her face instantly lit up, "Yeah sure come in!" she smiled as Naseem came in.

Naseem's eyes trail over to Kainaat, he winked.

Kainaat rolled her eyes, "You said you weren't coming, why'd you show up?"

Kiran clicked her tongue, "Don't pick on him!" she yelled, Kainaat frowned, "Well i felt guilty a little bit, so i excused myself from the bar and came over."

Kiran dragged him along, showing him every part of the house, Kainaat scowling everytime she ignored her, "Well since he's over, i can take my leave." She said.

Kiran had an awkward look, "If you want."

Naseem just stood in between the girls, not knowing what to say, "Let's all just chill around Kiran's house— together." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

Kainaat furrowed her brows, "No thanks, Kiran seems to be pretty excited having you over, you guys can hangout, i have to study so i'll take my leave." she said.

Kiran didn't seemed fazed, "Wormtail can't you take a day off of studying?" Naseem laughed, Kiran immediately laughing aswell, "So true, the name you gave her fits her!"

Kainaat never once got mad or irritated when Naseem called her wormtail, she still didn't.

But what pissed her off and partially hurt her aswell was her friend trying to fit in with Naseem, while picking on her, not caring about her feelings.

Kainaat stood there, awkward.

She brushed it off and grabbed her stuff, walking away from them, Kiran yelled goodbye but Kainaat instantly ignored her, getting in her car and driving off.

She was there.

When he declined to ditch Kiran, and Kiran sobbed for hours.

She was there.

When Kiran was a mess, picking her up and hugging her.

Yet.

She picked a fuckboy, over her bestfriend who was there for her in her worst times.