65 | Reckless.

Simran placed the flowers over the casket, joining her hands after as she stood grieving over Roha's casket, she felt saddened as Roha passed away so suddenly; without her knowing.

She ran her fingers over the casket slightly, holding back her tears, "Forgive me Roha." she whispered under her breath, right after praying for her, she sighed, bidding a goodbye.

"You really are sympathetic." a voice spoke.

Simran flinched and turned around, being surprised to see the person standing there, "Well, what exactly are you apologizing for?" Kiran asked, crossing her arms.

"I am not obligated to answer someone like you." Simran snapped back, walking away from Kiran, until she spoke again, "Is it because you couldn't get me to admit my crimes?" Kiran said.

Simran stopped in her tracks, "Isn't that what my mother wanted? for me to admit everything?" Kiran questions her once again, but Simran rolled her eyes and continued walking.

Kiran walked after her, yelling at her, questioning everything, "Answer me!" she screamed out, Simran however gave her a cold shoulder and continued walking.

"Isn't that what she wanted!—"

"Exactly, she wanted that but unfortunately she couldn't, but if you were my daughter i wouldn't have thought twice before putting a failure like you behind bars." Simran answered.

Kiran scowled, "Failure?"

"It's what you heard." Simran shrugged, walking closer to Kiran, until Kiran had to take steps back, "I meant every word i said Kiran Zaidi, now take that sick attitude of yours and shove it up somewhere else." she threatened.

Kiran stared at her in disbelief, "You bitch."

Simran laughed, "After all i said, this is what you came back at me for? you can do better Kiran." she said, walking away leaving a furious Kiran.

"Oh you're going to take back every word." Kiran mumbled under her breath, glaring as Simran got in her car, driving off the street.

~

A knock on the door, dragged me out of my thoughts, the door sliding open as i turned to the side, "I didn't think you'd be awake at this time."

I smiled, "I was just sinking in my thoughts."

My father entered inside and closed the door behind him, i sat upright as he sat on the edge of my bed, "Are you okay?" he asked me, i nodded, "Yeah, i'm fine."

He patted my hand, "I'm glad to hear that." as i clasped his hands, "Where'd mum go? i thought she was going around the block?" i questioned, he frowned.

"I mean the sun's setting, she's probably on her way back, anyways we've talked with the lawyer and court date's on the third of the next month, you okay with that?" he asked.

I hummed, "But i feel uneasy."

My father clicked his tongue, "What do you have to be uneasy about? we're going to be there with you, and you don't have to be afraid of anything, everything's under control."

"You know how to assure me better." i giggled, he let out a chuckle aswell, "Unlike your mother huh?" he said, as we laughed together, "When can i go back to the academy by the way?" i asked in between.

He quirked a brow, "Who said you are?"

I frowned instantly, "What do you mean? i meant once i'm fully healed, when can i go back?" he looked down at the floor, exhaling deeply, "The thing is— me and your mother are afraid of sending you back." he replied.

"Why so? i have people to protect me."

"Well that could convince me, but not your mother, she's been paranoid ever since all of this happened, sometimes she forgets to even sleep because of paranoia." he told me.

I crossed my arms, "Can you convince her?"

"I don't think i can Kainaat, but i'll try!" he exclaimed, i grunted, "It sucks being in bed all day, atleast it was better when i was unconscious, i was asleep and wasn't bored."

He burst out cackling, "Yeah those sleepless nights for us, definitely were keeping us entertained weren't they?"

~

Music blasted through the car, as she rolled down the windows, letting the air flow her hair through, in one hand she held a bottle of tequila, gulping it down at any given moment.

Kiran drove recklessly through the streets, the car going in different directions— since she wanted to  take a ride around the city to clear her head.

She mumbled the lyrics to the song under her breath, continuing to gulp down the bottle, and as soon as she came to a red light, she pressed on the brakes immediately.

Making her body move forward in a jolting motion, she chuckled and lit her cigarette while waiting for the light to turn green, she lowered down the music.

"I look gorgeous, phew." she checked herself out in the rear view mirror, as she puffed her cigarette in between, exhaling out smoke from her nostrils and mouth.

As soon as the light turned green, Kiran flew by past the other cars, having the time of her life, suddenly her phone rang but she didn't care to check at all.

Until her phone kept ringing profusely, she clicked her tongue and picked it up, looking at the caller ID, which was her father, she rolled her eyes and threw her phone in the backseat.

Biting her lower lip in ecstasy, as she drifted through the highway, "Woah!" she screamed, almost crashing into a biker, she grinned widely, sticking her arm out the window.

Kiran felt at peace again, she felt free.

"Move out the way jerk!" she yelled, honking continuously at the car infront of her, the car didn't budge so she decided to cut his lane and drive ahead of him.

Kiran turned her head around, "Sorry sir!"

And as soon as she turned her head back around, with the same grin plastered on her face, which eventually disappeared, her eyes widened, as her hands let go of the wheel.

Bang!

The truck and the car collided into one another with a loud bang, Kiran jolted forward, losing her balance as she couldn't move from her place, everything happened so quick.

Kiran's car went flying down the road, as her body slammed against every corner of the car, and soon Kiran's head slammed down onto the window, causing the glass to break.

She swore everything went dark right after she felt this terrible pain inflict onto her head, making her fall unconscious immediately, her eyes barely stayed open and even though she was half unconscious, she heard people around her.

Rn watching my readers go through a crisis as i involve Kiran in a car crash 🤭

Anyways, i never realized some editing fanpages read my story???? like??? thank you?? 😍

All interactions are appreciated. 💯