38 | Someone.

Regret.

What exactly was she regretful for? she was regretting the choices of living & breathing.

For her it was a punishment.

She dare not look at herself in the mirror, to see her own reflection painted back at her, as it agitated her.

I heard a knock on my door, followed by my mum's voice as i flinched, "I'll be out in a minute." I yelled out and continued packing my bag.

After a few deep breaths, and a few self-comforting Moments, i made my way down stairs, last night i fell asleep because of the overwhelming feeling that took over from bawling my eyes out like a baby.

Naseem must've left without a goodbye.

Pulling my bag over my shoulder, i went and pecked my mom on the cheek, "Can't do breakfast, too late." I said, she clicked her tongue, "Take one bite from this sandwich! please?" She said, waving it infront of my face.

I gave in and took a big bite, knowing i can't strive on an empty stomach throughout the day, she smiled and i made my way out of the house.

A car pulled up infront of me, the window rolled down and i furrowed my brows, "Kainaat get in, Naseem sent me to pick you up." Wasim spoke, i nodded and got in.

The silence was loud, i didn't want to bring up the topic again as it scared me and made me even more nervous to go to school.

"So— your picture." He said.

I sighed, "Yes at this point everyone has seen it, did you get any information?" He nodded, "Hasnain and Haider were at my house later the night, we got an ID after tracking the data down, this account belongs to some girl named Naila— but for some reason we can't seem to dig more further in this." He stated.

Slowly, i rubbed my temple, "Naila? never heard of any girl named Naila in our school, perhaps it could be fake?" I replied, there was no such girl in our academy after the name Naila, that just added more into the suspense.

He agreed, "Yeah but we're not completely sure, but i do think there's some other companion too, might not be but it's a gut feeling, can't be a guy that took that photo of you in the changing rooms could it? why would someone watch a boy go in the female changing rooms and not say anything?" He said.

I was in my thoughts, i've never had any issues with anyone in here—

"I think it could be one of Naseem's fangirls? they already despise me enough so why wouldn't they bash me online?" I said.

Wasim hummed, "Could be, but mine and Haider's gut feeling says it could be someone who's either a Naseem fangirl, a boy who's in love with you, or a jealous twat who's just jobless."

I chuckled at the last sentence, he noticed and smiled, "Naseem asked me to stay by your side no matter what— so please don't disappear from my sight or Naseem will bury me alive." He pleaded.

Once again, a chuckle escaped my mouth, "Why
so? he put you as my guard or something?" I asked, he nodded and laughed.

"He treasures you Kainaat."

I couldn't think of anything in that moment besides the sentence that came out of Wasim's
mouth, i stared at him, unable to speak.

"Don't be too shocked! he just wants you to be safe, i'm playing around." He spoke, i hit his shoulder as we pulled into the school.

I unbuckled my belt, "Are you sure you don't want me beating the fuck out of anyone that looks at you? Naseem's orders you know?" He questions, i laughed.

We got out the car, i avoided looking at anyone as i could already feel everyone looking at me, Wasim shouted at everyone that looked my way and i just kept quiet.

Hoping to get to Naseem as soon as possible.

But as we were making our way up the stairs, i locked eye's with someone, a someone who was once so special to me.

A someone who held a dear place in my heart.

"Kiran." I spoke, she looked at me as if she couldn't recognize me, her eyes scanned me up and down, "Good to see you Kainaat." She spoke in a strange but mocking tone.

I smiled, "Where are you headed off to?"

"To my friends." She replied, crossing her arms, my heart shattered into pieces as she said those words, "Friends so amazing, they don't betray." She mocked.

My eyes went glossy, teary eyed, i kept my cool infront of her, "I never betrayed you Kiran, you were my best friend— you still are!" I explained, she scoffed.

"I was nothing to you since the day Naseem came in your pathetic miserable life, as a fucking bright light, didn't he Kainaat? or you wanna lie about that too?" She said, walking down to my level.

Wasim stood there silent behind me, "Kiran, i never lied to you, you have to believe me."

Kiran laughed, "Kainaat you're a great liar, you're great at faking relationships too— you were the one who fucking asked Naseem to be with me! you knew he never liked me in the first place! yet you consoled me and told me he was in love with me?! you're sickening!" She yelled.

I sighed, "Kiran that was a mistake, i accept that i shouldn't have done that— but you see, you're in
a big fucking delusional world aswell." I snapped.

Her facial expression morphed from pride to confusion as i snapped at her.

"I apologize for what i did, but who said you're a saint? i don't think so, you just like making shit up in your fucked up mind thinking they're true, you tried turning Hasnain and Haider against me too? who's the sickening one now?" I stated.

"You bitch!—"

"Only those who cannot express themselves intelligently would resort to such crude substitutions in vocabulary." I cut her off.

Her smirk had immediately been wiped off in
seconds, she stepped closer to my face, "You've gotten the attitude after being with Naseem, it doesn't suit you Kainaat." She said, twirling the ends of her hair.

"Aw, brave of you to assume i snapped at you because i have Naseem by my side, Kiran one thing i would really like to say is that— you absolutely hate whenever someone tries to pull you out of the delusion that you're living in." I spoke, wearing a winning smirk on my face.

She chuckled, "You're funny, Kainaat you just wait, i'll make your life so miserable you'll have no other choice but to come crawling back at me, mark my words Kainaat."

I pretended to be afraid, "Ouch."

"Oh you just wait, this is just the beginning i'll push you so hard, you'll not know who you are anymore, infact you'd start to harm yourself even more." She hissed, referring at my scars.

Slowly, i walked up closer to her.

"Okay? and? once again you're in your delusional mind, you can't do shit to me Kiran, you're a coward and i know that, i'm not a coward like you, that's why i live and breath in the real world." I replied, smiling.

Suddenly, Kiran grabbed my hand, Wasim was about to intervene until he stopped, she spoke, "This is the hand of yours that he likes holding doesn't he?" She questions, looking at my arm.

I pulled my hand back, "Me and Naseem don't have that relation, perhaps he might have some real feelings for me, but i'm not interested." I said, emphasizing the word 'real'.

She laughed, as i noticed the tears brimming her eyes, "Don't have that relation? how funny."

"We have places to be now, see you later Kiran." I said, as me and Wasim were about to walk away, she spoke up again, this time she stared me out with her dark eyes.

"You're my dream Kainaat, and my dream consists of ruining you so bad, from now on, live your life in fear Kainaat, i'll be true to my words." She said, penetrating her eyes in mine.

And she walked away, leaving me with questions.