50 | Wittiness.

I can't look at any other woman but her.

He stayed frozen, as she had already started to stroke his hair and neck, her hands gliding down his chest, touching him desperately.

She's my world.

He didn't close his eyes, he wasn't feeling any sort of pleasure from doing it, he wanted this to be over and done with.

Her smile can do wonders to me.

His heart pounded through his chest, wanting to get this done, but those words he spoke about her with such love, kept repeating in his brain, reminding him of what he's doing.

Her name has been carved into my brain.

She suddenly pulled apart, "Why aren't you kissing me back?" she asked, Naseem snapped out, looking at her with confusion until he realized what she asked, "Oh uhm."

Kiran waited for him to answer, "I was just too startled— that you kissed me, that's why." he quickly replied, she frowned, before leaning back in until he grabbed her shoulders.

"We should probably make our way downstairs." Naseem said, she didn't question it but instead nodded and the two headed downstairs, Naseem was still thinking about what occurred a few seconds ago.

As they made their way downstairs, everyone had been getting served dinner, Kiran once again held his hand and dragged him around, "Take a seat the two of you." her mom waved.

They sat down next to eachother, as they were served aswell, a couple of unrecognizable people were sitting across from Naseem, trying to make conversation with him, but he mostly ignored.

"Wine or champagne?" the server asked Naseem, he shook his head, "I don't drink sorry." he lied, Kiran gasped, "What lies, you were crazy on drinks back then!" she chuckled.

Naseem just passed a smile, until Kiran's father got up, tapping his glass to get everyone's attention, "Attention please." he spoke.

As everyone quieted down, he smiled, "It's been exactly two whole years working on one of our biggest project, this project is very exciting for me, as i dedicated this to my lovely wife, Simran." everyone cheered on the last sentence.

"And ofcourse my sweetheart, Kiran." he spoke.

Naseem noted how he didn't label Kiran as his daughter, but didn't pay attention as he carefully listened to her father, "We've officially launched SK enterprises, and this would be the ultimate step to reach new levels, to SK enterprises everybody!" he added.

Everyone raised their glasses and toasted, Naseem just passed a fake smile to the others, after a while they all dug in their food.

"So— mister Shah." Kiran's father said.

Naseem mentally rolled his eyes, over talking to her one hell of a dickwad father, "Do you have an actual job? like some businesses or a few companies?" he questioned.

"For your information, i'm still a student at Everhigh, and if you're going to ask me about my future job, i don't plan on having an actual job as you might say, i have interest in cricket and i'm
planning to debut soon." Naseem snapped.

Judging by the look on her father's face, Naseem knew he was taken aback by his quick response, as he fumbled on another question.

"You're really— smart, i could say." he replied.

"Is that so surprising?" Naseem laughed, her father just smiled and turned back to his food, Kiran came closer to Naseem, "Just ignore him." she whispered.

Naseem chuckled under his breath, "Why not? he seems like a great person." he said.

~

"Are you sure you don't want me to come?" Kiran asked me, as she had been whining to come home with me, i sighed, "Kiran, what would you do at my house? besides you seem tired." i said.

She groaned, "I just want to come along, it'll be so fun if i came over at your house!"

"Kiran, i have a conservative family, who are certainly going to have conservative opinions over me bringing a girl home, it's better if you and i just go our ways." i spoke.

Kiran pouted her lips, "Fine i guess, i'll just stay."

I smiled while wrapping my arm around her shoulder, "I'll see you at the academy." i said, she nodded while looking down, still upset.

"You're upset with me right? don't be i'll take you out after school, we'll have a blast." i said, a smile immediately popping up on her face, i placed my finger underneath her chin, "And you looked absolutely beautiful tonight, did i tell you that?"

She looked up, "You didn't."

I frowned, "Well now i did, but i'm upset you didn't tell me how i looked— come on! you could've atleast called me handsome?" she laughed, "You looked great!" she squealed.

Someone interrupted us, "Already going home Naseem? it's pretty late already." her mom spoke, i nodded, "I'll get going." i said as she agreed.

"Alright Kiran, see you tomorrow." i said.

Kiran pecked me on the cheek before i headed out, until i noticed someone standing next to my car, i got closer just to realize Kiran's father standing over it.

"May i help you?" i asked, he turned around and had a sly smirk on his face, "I was waiting for you." he spoke, i cocked a brow until he spoke again.

"You're probably familiar with the name Kainaat Dutt right? the one that has been a handful on my daughter and me?" he spoke, which was more like an interrogation.

"I am familiar with that name." i replied, he exhaled and put his hands in his pockets, "You're involved in the case too, aren't you?" he questioned, i chuckled, "Brave of you to think i would go against Kiran."

His brows furrowed, "Considering your wittiness, i would have no problems with you being around Kiran— but watch it, i got my eyes on you."

"Even if you did have problems of me being with Kiran, i promise you sir, i wouldn't give two fucks." i chuckled and got in my car, leaving him dumbfounded.

My phone rang, "Hey Wasim, i'm just heading home right now, just came out that shithole, i've got a lot on my mind right now, alright i'll call when i reach— bye."

Thank you all for 3K views!! never thought i'd hit 3K on a story i randomly started😭🫶

All interactions are appreciated‼️