53 | Mockery.

Silence erupted in the house.

As she walked in, quietness surrounded her, and the air somehow didn't feel right, she could smell the fact that something was wrong, but avoiding it, she threw her bag on the couch.

Running her fingers through her short hair, her lips let out a deep sigh, her eyes trailed around in search of anyone, nobody.

Her heels clicked on the ground, as she made her way to her room, tired from running around, she opened her door and her eyes widened slightly, "You didn't go to work today?" she asked.

The man turned around, his hands in his pocket as he gazed at her with a stern expression, he shook his head, her head cocked to the side, but her heart dropped when she realized— her phone was in his hand.

She kept her cool, "What's my phone doing there? i must've forgot it." she spoke, as she walked over and tried grabbing her phone, he gripped it so hard she couldn't fetch it.

"Naurez?— give me that." she asked, her voice slightly shaking as she wondered what he must've seen in it, he sat down, sighing.

"Now i realized why you've been looking out for Kiran so much— you're so.. caring Roha." he spoke in his husky voice, she gulped but had an awkward smile on her face, but she was confused.

Confused on why he wasn't yelling, but instead he was calm, and when he was calm, something had been terribly wrong.

"You're a great mother, and you're right— i'm not Kiran's biological father, we aren't blood related at all, but it makes me wonder, how someone could go against the person who they share the same blood with, you answer that, how could they? hm?" he said, lifting her chin with the tip of his finger.

She was terrified, terrified to even look him in the eyes, she could not lie when looking in those deep cave-like orbs.

"Naurez you're getting me wrong—"

A loud bang, spread around the room, as her body fell down to the floor, holding her bruised cheek she looked up with tears, not being able to mutter out a word.

He bent down to her level, as she slowly backed away, horror took over her as she stared at the man, his eyes seemed calm yet she could feel the fire raging within his body.

"You know what's best for her don't you?" he laughed in her face, right after striking her face with his hard palm, "N-Naurez please.." she pleaded, backing away.

He waved her phone in her face, which seemed more like a mockery, he mocked her for being afraid, he mocked her for being powerless infront of him, even if he didn't say the words.

His fingers grazed her cheek, she moved her face away and he clicked his tongue, "Don't touch me." she muttered under her breath, which soon turned into a small wince as he grabbed a fistful of her hair, "You want to ruin my image? you filthy little woman— you're nothing without me."

A moan escaped her lips, she struggled to breathe at that moment, the sheer horror and panic, alongside pain, made her unable to even push him away, he overtook her.

"You're hurting me!" she finally screamed, her legs got energy back in them as she aimed for his groin with her heel, he groaned and eventually let go of her hair, falling back with a thud.

"You fucking douchebag!" she screamed, grabbing a nearby vase and sending it flying towards his head, the vase strikes his head and falls on the floor, as the shattering noise echoed through the room.

He chuckled, "You're weak."

With a bolt of energy, he stood up and started walking towards her, she looked around for something to defend herself with, "You're trying to put your own daughter in trouble? now i know what game you've been playing behind me." he said, her legs shook.

Once again, he decided to punch her in the face, but eventually he missed as she ducked and he ended up hitting the wall, he screamed loudly, pulling back his fist.

"My daughter has done something wrong! and i just want her to admit her crime— but you. you're one hell of a scumbag!" she screamed, and got hit with a frame.

As she fell down, he sat over her, landing a fist straight on her face, she put her arms up in defense, but she couldn't move as he had taken over her, "Scumbag? you fucking—"

In a minute, he fell to the ground, Roha opened her eyes and looked to her side, "K-Kiran.." she whispered, Kiran looked scared yet angry as she had already hit her dad's head with a baseball bat.

Roha got up and held Kiran, "What's going on?" Kiran asked with great worry, she just held her hand and grabbed her phone, pulling her out of the room, "Mom what's going on!"

"Your dad wants to kill me— but i'll explain everything once we leave this place." she said, but a yell echoed through the house, "Where do you think you're going with her!" he yelled, his head bloodied up.

Her eyes widened, Kiran gasped, "Kiran let's go!" she clasped her arm and the two ran with all the strength they had, to her car, Roha pulled out the car keys and hurriedly shut the door.

Starting the vehicle, as Kiran warned her mother to hurry up as her father had already caught up and was running towards their car, the car let out a loud sound and it pulled out of the driveway.

Despite multiple injuries on her face and body, she drove pretty fast and there was no sign of Kiran's father behind, as Kiran knew they were far, she sighed.

"Why's dad after your life?" she questioned, her mother kept silent for a while, "I can't explain everything to you, just please keep quiet for now until we reach somewhere safe."

Kiran frowned, "Are you gonna leave him?"

Roha bit her lip nervously, "I'm not sure, but as long as the situation calms down, i'll decide what to do with this damned marriage." she said, Kiran crossed her arms, "Do it."

Roha looked over to her, with a surprised look, "He hit you so mercilessly, i can't go back in that house and pretend as if he didn't do anything!— plus i've seen the way he treats you, on top of that i'm not his daughter, i'm yours." she said.

A tear rolled down Roha's cheek, "Just promise me you won't ever leave me." she forwarded her hand, Kiran held it, "I won't." she replied, with a painful smile.

Sometimes, bad people have a hint of sweetness in
themselves too, they just don't have someone to pour that sweetness onto.