21 | Past Memory.

🎵(I wish i knew you) wanted me🎵

The melody of the music ran through his ears, his hands grooved to the song, his eyes closed as he relaxed while listening to the song with a smile on his face.

🎵I wish i knew, I wish i knew you wanted me🎵

He felt something tap his leg, his eyes opened and he sat up, looking at his mother sitting on the bed, taking off the headphones he turned back to her.

"Hasnain can we have a talk?"

His mother said, he nodded, "Yes go on." she stayed quiet for a while as if hesitating to let out the words, "How's Kainaat been?"

His brows knitted together, "How'd Kainaat drop in the conversation?" he chuckles, she looks down smiling, "She's alright mom, also she's going to be my prom date— i asked her out."

She patted his back, "Finally got the chance hm?"

Hasnain laughed, scratching the back of his neck, "So when are moving forward? than just friends?"

"I don't know, i really like her but it's that she's just so beautiful i don't know mom i seriously don't." He blurted out his feelings.

"It's okay, you can do it in prom i'm telling you she likes you back, everyone knows it." She re-assured him.

~

"When can i go back?"

My mom sighed in frustration, "When your dad will stop running after his business." She said, i rolled my eyes, "Dad i really want to meet grandma it's been 4 years—"

He shrugged and cut me off, "Kainaat just eat."

He was ignoring me and didn't want to answer any of my questions, "Dad please i'll do really good in my exams and i'll study everyday— but please let me meet her again!"

My mom was about to speak when he pushed his
plate forward, "Will you two let me eat?" he asked getting angry, at this point he had been making me irritated aswell, "Kainaat stop being so bloody stubborn!" He yelled.

My eyes widened at his tone, "You know what? you don't even care about your own parents! atleast mom does thats why she wants to meet her mom!— can't you see that grandma's sick?!" I screamed, he looked taken aback.

He pointed his finger in my face, "You're not going anywhere and neither is your mom—"

I cut him off, "If you want to be such a pain, i'll
pack my bags and move to grandma's forever!" I screamed in his face, my mom had been silent just watching us get in eachother's faces.

He slammed his fist on the table, "What the fuck is wrong with you? i said no!" He yelled back, his nerves popping out his forehead.

Tears brimmed my eyes, but i remained calm and didn't let them fall, "I always obey you! you've been avoiding my needs! i've done everything to be a good kid yet you think i'm never good enough!"

My mom finally spoke up, "Kainaat just go to your room!" My dad agreed, "I'm going to her house this autumn and neither of you can stop me." I said, my dad scoffed.

I kicked the chair and walked away, grabbing my jacket and out the door for a walk, i heard my parents having a brawl about my behavior in the background.

All i needed was some comfort.

~

Kainaat walked silently, clutching onto her jacket as it was cold outside, she walked with a heavy heart, better to run away from her problems rather than face them.