( 3 : 8 ) The Ripped Portrait { 39 }

╔══════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══════╗

✧*̥˚ 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛➌⇢𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛➂➈ *̥˚✧

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝙿𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚝

╚══════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══════╝

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。✭・.・✫・゜・。.

••°°°°••....••°°°°••....••°°°°••••°°°°••

*¨༺ ༻¨*:·..·:*¨༺ ༻¨*

.·:*¨ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ¨*:·.

╭─── ⋅ ⋅ ──── ✩ ──── ⋅ ⋅ ───╮

❝𝙰𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚜 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎, 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐.❞

╰─── ⋅ ⋅ ──── ✩ ──── ⋅ ⋅ ───╯

"Look at the state of his robes," Malfoy said in a loud, disgusted whisper one evening as Professor Lupin passed.

Y/n, who was leaving her quidditch practice, robes soaking, and mood down, overheard Malfoy speaking and stepped towards him.

"He dresses like our old house elf," Malfoy said snarkily as Y/n approached him.

"Frankly, I think Dobby is a very fashionable elf," Y/n said, just as loudly, in a prideful voice. "Wouldn't you say, Draco?" Y/n smirked.

Lupin heard very well what Y/n had said to Malfoy and remembered how he was told that Y/n and Harry had freed the Malfoy's house elf the year prior.

Lupin didn't stop by the children and simply continued walking his path back to his office, but something was different about him. Upon his face was a known smile.

A smile of how Y/n would always come to his rescue. Or perhaps it was a smile of nostalgia. A nostalgia that was replaying live before his eyes.

🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌘

Y/n returned to the Gryffindor common room one evening after training, cold and stiff but pleased with the way practice had gone, to find the room buzzing excitedly.

"What's happened?", She asked Ron, Harry, and Hermione, who were sitting by the fireside.

"First Hogsmeade weekend," said Ron, pointing at a notice that had appeared on the battered old bulletin board.

"End of October. Halloween." Harry added, gloomily.

Y/n threw herself into a chair beside Ron, her high spirits ebbing away. Hermione seemed to read her mind.

"Y/n, I'm sure you and Harry will be able to go next time," she said. "They're bound to catch Black soon. He's been sighted once already."

"Black's not fool enough to try anything in Hogsmeade," said Ron. "Ask McGonagall if you can go this time, you two."

"Yeah, I think we will," said Harry, making up his mind, trying his hardest to fix Y/n's sudden glum mood. At that moment Crookshanks leapt lightly onto Hermione's lap, a large, dead spider was dangling from his mouth.